Members usually desire to become one with the Xenomorphs by allowing themselves to be used as hosts, believing that they will be resurrected as "Angels". They are directly responsible for the infestation of Earth. Salvaje, a cult leader had arranged for his order to break into a base containing Xenomorph specimens and set off a bomb. The other members then entered the breach and then intentionally allowed Xenomorph Facehuggers to impregnate them, while most of the cultists were gunned down by the security, some managed to escape from the facility, allowing them to infest earth. This was achieved by using planes and other transport to travel to different parts of earth for maximum effect.
While the cultists intend to become hosts, some will usually change their minds at the last minute, however by then it is usually too late. Salveje, the leader of the cult was noted by the cctv operators to have screamed in terror as the parasite attached to him. Ken Petrillo also became very reluctant and afraid before being subdued. Some versions of the cult are more malevolent in their methods as instead of just sacrificing themselves, they intentionally seek to infect others as one known cult planted Xenomorph eggs throughout a colony base on Mire Ceti, resulting in the death of the entire colony.
Xenomorph Cults have argubly been one of the most serious threats to humanity, as their fanaticism makes then unstable as well as unreasonable. They have numerous times been responsible for an extreme amount of casualities, even if it is not their intention. Mozart, the Xenomorph birthed from Ken, massacred nearly an entire concert, despite Ken only wanting to become a host and nothing else. One of the main reasons for such high casualities is that such attacks are unexpected and tend to catch any defence force off guard.
While the Xenomorph Cults are most well known for sacrificing themselves to the species they deify, cults and worshippers of other species such as the Yautja have been known to sacrifice themselves to the Xenomorphs to allow the Yautja to hunt their preferred game. It is also possible that such cults were not exclusive to humans as the temple on BG-386 was noted by Weyland-Yutani staff to have had sacrifices and whatever was used was humanoid.
During the times the Yautja were worshipped and actively hunted Xenomorphs, sacrifices happened at least once every hundred years, though it is unknown if the maidens sacrificed in the sacrificial chamber were the only ones during the centennial hunt or if more was utilzed if the Yautja successfully hunted and killed the seven Xenomorphs that came from them.
The Rage were known to sacrifice their own crew members in order to breed a controllable Xenomorph army, which was used to devestating effect against their enemies. However, the Rage didn't seem to be religious and their primary motive for sacrificing humans was simply revenge for their exile.
- Ernst Kleist (leader of the Bug-Men cult)
- Sacrificial maiden (willingly impregnated and killed by the resulting Chestburster)
- Salvaje (willingly impregnated, and likely killed by the resulting Chestburster)
- Lucien Keitel (stayed behind in a Xenomorph infested area)
- Dr. Piers Cotlow (impregnated by Facehugger, successfully evolved the embryo into a Queen and killed by the resulting Chestburster)
- Ken Petrillo (member of the Church of the Queen Mother, willingly impregnated and killed by the resulting Chestburster, Mozart)
- Hannibal Sten (indirectly responsible for Massey being Facehugged, killed by Massey while attempting to become a host)
- High Priest Lumley (leader of the Esoteric Brotherhood of Tulitu, willingly impregnated and killed by the resulting Chestburster)
- Legate Muir (used Xenomorphs to mobilize his followers)
- Prophet Duncan Fields (leader of the Earthsavers, a cult motivated by fear of Aliens. Their motto is 'out there be demons')