Xenomorph cults are religious groups that deify the Xenomorph XX121 species and view the creatures as gods or angels. Although many disparate Xenomorph-worshipping cults have been identified, they often share similar ideals or practises, including, perhaps most notably, an active desire by cult members to become host for a Chestburster.
Members usually desire to become one with the Xenomorphs by allowing themselves to be used as hosts, believing that they will be resurrected as "Angels". They are directly responsible for the infestation of Earth. Salvaje, a cult leader had arranged for his order to break into a base and set off a bomb. the other members then intentionally allowed Xenomorph Facehuggers to impregnate them, while most of the cultists were gunned down by the security, some managed to escape from the facility, allowing them to infest earth. While the cultists intend to become hosts, some usually change their minds at the last minute, however by then it is usually too late. Salveje, the leader of the cult was noted by the cctv operators to have screamed in terror as the parasite attached and Ken Petrillo became very reluctant and afraid before being subdued. Some versions of the cult are more malevolent in their methods as instead of just sacrificing themselves, they intentionally seek to infect others as one known cult planted Xenomorph eggs throughout a colony base on Mire Ceti, resulting in the death of the entire colony.
While the Xenomorph Cults are most well known for sacrificing themselves to the species they deify, cults and worshippers of other species such as the Yautja have been known to sacrifice themselves to the Xenomorphs to allow the Yautja to hunt their preferred game. It is also possible that such cults were not exclusive to humans as the temple on BG-386 was noted by Weyland-Yutani staff to have had sacrifices and whatever was used was humanoid.
During the times the Yautja were worshipped and actively hunted Xenomorphs, sacrifices happened at least once every hundred years, though it is unknown if the maidens sacrificed in the sacrificial chamber were the only ones during the centennial hunt or if more was utilzed if the Yautja successfully hunted and killed the seven Xenomorphs that came from them.
- Ernst Kleist (leader of the Bug-Men cult)
- Sacrificial maiden (willingly impregnated and killed by the resulting Chestburster)
- Salvaje (willingly impregnated, and likely killed by the resulting Chestburster)
- Lucien Keitel (stayed behind in a Xenomorph infested area)
- Dr. Piers Cotlow (impregnated by Facehugger, successfully evolved the embryo into a Queen and killed by the resulting Chestburster)
- Ken Petrillo (member of the Church of the Queen Mother, willingly impregnated and killed by the resulting Chestburster, Mozart)
- Hannibal Sten (indirectly responsible for Massey being Facehugged, killed by Massey while attempting to become a host)
- High Priest Lumley (leader of the Esoteric Brotherhood of Tulitu, willingly impregnated and killed by the resulting Chestburster)
- Legate Muir (used Xenomorphs to mobilize his followers)
- Prophet Duncan Fields (leader of the Earthsavers, a cult motivated by fear of Aliens. Their motto is 'out there be demons')