Furdik was hired by the Weyland Corporation to provide security aboard the USCSS Prometheus during its voyage to the distant moon LV-223. After spending two years in hypersleep, Furdik along with the other crew members were awaken. As the Prometheus nearly arrives on LV-223, Vickers, Shaw and Holloway briefed the crew on their mission to find the Engineers. After the Prometheus crew's first expedition to the Engineer temple, he helped David retrieve Holloway and Shaw after they are trapped by the Silica storm outside the Prometheus. He stood by one of the ship's airlocks helping Holloway and Shaw board the vessel when David finally rescues them.
Furdik along with fellow mercenaries Jackson, Sheppard and Taplow later attempted to kill Fifield who has been mutated by the black liquid and was running rampant at their ship's hangar bay by shooting him multiple times with pistols. When the guns prove ineffective to kill it he tries to protect himself inside the RT Series Group Transport, but is hit in his back with an axe by Fifield and pulled out of the vehicle, instantly killing him.
- Furdik is one of three mercenaries (the others being Jackson and Sheppard) involved in a notable continuity mistake surrounding the attack on the Prometheus by the mutated Fifield. During the assault, Furdik is killed by Fifield with an axe, yet he reappears in the room with Weyland when Shaw stumbles in. The mistake occurs because the Fifield attack sequence originally took place later in the movie, when Weyland goes to see the Last Engineer, but the scene was moved earlier in the finished film.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 47 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ Furdik's actor's (Vladimir "Furdo" Furdik) height is 5ft 11½ (182 cm), so that is also how tall Furdik would have been.
- ↑ Jon Spaihts, Damon Lindelof (writers), Ridley Scott (director). Prometheus (2012), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 46 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ "Weyland-Yutani Archives - Prometheus: The Lesser Known Deleted and Alternate Scenes". Retrieved on 2013-11-21.