An untitled Aliens online shooter is in development by Cold Iron Studios for the Playstation 4, Xbox One and PC. Announced on January 17, 2018 following the acquisition of Cold Iron Studios by FoxNext, the game will be a massively multipalyer online shooter based on the film Aliens, similar in style to Destiny. According to FoxNext president Aaron Loeb, the game features an "action-packed persistent world".
Cold Iron Studios formed in November 2015 before going public in December 2015. Funding was secured for their Alien project a year later in December 2016, following a prototype which was developed during that period.
- "We put together a pitch, built a great prototype, got fully-funded, and are now building an unstoppable team. We're working hard on a AAA online action game that is literally out of this world..."
- ―Craig Zinkievich
It is currently unknown when the game is set to release, or what it will be called. It is is planned to be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC — being developed within Unreal Engine 4.
- When originally announced, the game's title was rumoured to be Alien: Blackout. However, this was later revealed to be an entirely separate mobile game, which launched in January 2019.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Fox buys games studio to rival its TV and movie output" (17 January 2018). Retrieved on 7 January 2019.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Cold Iron Studios". Retrieved on 7 January 2019.
- ↑ "Cold Iron Studios’ Alien shooter will be an MMO" (7 January 2019). Retrieved on 7 January 2019.
- ↑ "New Alien Game in Development After Fox Buys Cold Iron Studios" (18 January 2018). Retrieved on 8 January 2019.
- ↑ "Cold Iron is a new AAA online action game studio" (6 December 2016). Retrieved on 7 January 2019.