BiologyThe Upgraded Predator is far larger and stronger than a standard Yautja, easily dwarfing the average hunter by 4 feet and outweighs it by 200-300 pounds. Unlike regular Yautjas, it has bulletproof exo-skeletal skin that can reflect gunfire at close range  and even shatter Wristblades that make forceful contact with its skin, terminating the need of extensive use of body armor during the hunt. It is revealed that it isn't natural; it has taken DNA from other dangerous creatures from different corners of the galaxy and used them to alter its genetics, enhancing its size and strength in process.
Its biology may not be its own doing, but the collaboration of several research-caste Yautja to create a form of super hunter of their race. Stargazer reveals that the Fugitive Predator had human DNA, meaning this hybridizing is not unique to the Upgraded Predator.
In The Predator
The Upgraded Predator is the main rival of the Fugitive Predator. According to its translated dialogue, it is searching for something that the Fugitive knows the whereabouts of. Therefore, it is hunting the Fugitive by extension. What it is searching for turns out to be the "wrist computer" of the Fugitive's armor and Rory McKenna, the boy who managed to operate it.
After finding and killing Fugitive, Upgrade begins following McKenna and the loonies. After witnessing their firefight with Stargazer, he tells them via a translator that he enjoyed watching them slaughter each other and will give them time advantage, which Casey tells the group that it means a "head start". The Loonies and Stargazer team up to try and kill it, in which everyone but Quinn McKenna, his son Rory, and Casey are killed by it. Upgrade is eventually killed after sustaining numerous injuries from bullet wounds, knife wounds, and explosions.
- The Upgraded Predator is a purely CGI creation, though the actors that portrayed the Fugitive Predator were stand-ins on set.
- While all previous Predators were plantigrades (feet resting on the palms) like humans, the Assassin Predator is digitigrade (feet resting on the toes), even if that getup is impractical for heavy bipeds.
- Despite never wearing a Bio-Mask, the Assassin Predator is shown using optical features that should be impossible without one, it is possible that he possesses some never before seen implant version of the Bio-Mask.
- Similar to Tracker, the Assassin has hounds to assist him in the hunt.
- The motivation behind Upgraded Predator's hybridization is questionable when taking into account established canon; the Yautja race's disdain towards Predalien caste of Xenomorphs showed that they frowned the practice of hybridization between their kind and other species. It is possible however, that Assassin Predator hailed from a clan that condemned as Bad Blood for the practice of hybridization.
- The said possibly is much more likely, as Shane Black explicitly referred him as a cheater.