Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands is a 2017 tactical shooter video game developed by Ubisoft Paris and published by Ubisoft. It is the tenth primary installment in the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon franchise, and the first to feature an open world environment. The video game was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 7, 2017.
On December 14, 2017, a special Predator event was launched in the game, allowing players to hunt the Predator. The event ended on January 15, 2018, although the mission itself remains in the game and can be played whenever the player wishes.
The Predator event gives players the chance to face the fearsome Predator in the game's world, either as a solo challenge or with up to four players in co-op. Upon defeating the Predator, players unlock exclusive items for their character as a reward, including a wearable Yautja bio-helmet, which allows the player to access the creature's thermal vision mode. A special Predator Ghost Pack customization item pack was also released, including 15 new items, weapons and an exclusive close combat move, allowing players to recreate some of the most memorable characters from Predator. Furthermore, a character class based on Dutch can be unlocked in Ghost War, the game's multiplayer component.
During the event, players would be given a new mission to pursue, titled The Jungle Moved. The mission description reads "The Ghosts have been told that a local girl has seen something unusual in the jungle of Caimanes. Talk to her and find out more". Once players reach the jungle and follow the marker on the map, they will encounter a traumatized and bloodied young woman huddling against a rock, surrounded by the corpses of slaughtered Unidad soldiers. She begins talking about the jungle coming to life and taking the soldiers to "infierno", though "el monstero" spared her after sensing she was no threat.
The Ghosts continue exploring the jungle and encounter further traces of the killer's activities, including flayed corpses hanging from trees, a set of skulls on a stone table, a Predator ship and green blood against some leaves, all whilst being stalked by the killer itself. The killer eventually shows itself and begins engaging with the Ghosts, utilizing it's Plasmacaster and active camouflage during the fight.
Once the Predator is defeated by the squad, it actives a Self-Destruct Device on it's wrist gauntlet and laughs maniacally, with the Ghosts having to frantically retreat from the area as the creature blows itself up. Alongside other accessories, players are exclusively rewarded with a Predator bio-helmet accessory (which allows the player to switch to a Predator-specific version of thermal vision) as well as Yautja facepaint.
- The Predator in the game is visually based on the Jungle Hunter from Predator.
- The event in Ghost Recon Wildlands shares several notable coincidences with the similar Predator-themed expansion in Call of Duty: Ghosts — both games were the tenth installment in their respective franchise, and both feature the word "ghost" in the title.
- Numerous remixed tracks of the original Predator soundtrack are present when playing this mission.
- Andrea Deck, who voiced Amanda Ripley in Alien: Isolation, provided the female voice of player character Nomad.
- Released alongside the Predator Event was the Predator Ghost Pack, which included weapons and customization items based on the film franchise: a Predator Bio-helmet, a set of Predator Wrist gauntlets with a unique melee kill using Wristblades, camouflage face paints based on Alan "Dutch" Schaefer, Jorge "Poncho" Ramirez, and Billy Sole, "Muddy Dutch" face paint and arm tattoos based on Dutch's mud camouflage, hats worn by Blain Cooper and Billy, Rick Hawkins' glasses, an M16 similar (though not identical) to Dutch's, and the Blaser R93 sniper rifle used by Isabelle in Predators.
- Additionally, completing the Predator mission rewards the player with another bio-helmet which features the unique Predator thermal vision from Predator.