Firstly mistaken as a small gas giant, it was revealed that the planet was actually a terrestrial planet full of heavy metal veins that were quickly and heavily exploited by Weyland-Yutani for more that a century leaving several sections of the planet with huge gouges and deep canyon trenches. It became at some point a transit point, alongside Anchorpoint Station, for exported materials from the Far Frontier to the Outer Veil and Core Systems.
In 2109, the planet suffered a severe environmental accident that render parts of the planet uninhabitable for decades, followed by a miners' revolt over a poor living conditions. This forced United Americas to send the UAS Archangel, a UAORD troopcarrier captained by Arthur Dallas, on a peacekeeping mission to Thedus, on December 25th for unknown classified reasons the Archangel crashed on one atmospheric processor destroying it and killing 15,293 civilians and marines.
In 2121 Thedus was the last port of call of the commercial towing vehicle USCSS Nostromo before the ship went missing in 2122. As of the 2180s most of the planetary damages were repaired via newed terraforming.
Climate and Terrain
The climate before the environmental accident is unknown but after the planet was "repaired" it holds a cold atmosphere breathable for humans with a mean temperature of 8°C.
The whole planet is mainly terrestrial with heavy metal depostits.
Key resources: Yttrium, nobium, helium-3 and other rare earth metals.
Points of Interests
- Alien (mentioned only)
- Aliens: Original Sin (mentioned only)
- Alien: Isolation/novel (mentioned only)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual
- Alien: The Roleplaying Game
- ↑ Andrew E. C. Gaska. Alien: The Roleplaying Game Galaxy Map (2019), Free League Publishing.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Andrew E. C. Gaska. Alien: The Roleplaying Game, p. 270 (2019), Free League Publishing.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Nostromo crew manifest, available as an Easter Egg on Alien Legacy DVD box set
- ↑ Lee Brimmicombe-Wood. Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual, p. 8 (2012), Titan Books.
- ↑ Alien Anthology Blu-ray menus
- ↑ Lee Brimmicombe-Wood. Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual, p. 9 (2012), Titan Books.