In AvP3 a "clause 88c" is mentioned. Is there any info on what exactly this clause is?184.108.40.206 12:47, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
I don't mean to sound rude but I don't really think that is very important. We all know that this company is a very evil one and if you were to apply for a job here, hidden away among the hundreds of paragraphs in one of those 'do you agree with the following which would probably say something like if you are asked to, would you give your life for the greater good of technological or advances in scientific research?? Brian (talk) (Contribs) 21:52, July 21, 2013 (UTC)
Time of Merging
This page says the companies merged in 2030 but in Prometheus the date of the expidetion was 2093 and Weyland was still a singlular company.
Hey, guys! Does anyone know how to enter this site www.weylandyutany.org ? I just wanted to know what is it and the link leads to this page in xenopedia so I think someone from here must know. Big thanks for your help!
- Interesting. Clicking on the logo directs you to this page. I wonder what the login is for. Maybe it's for admins. Here's the site if anyone wants to see.--Toa Quarax (Talk) (Contribs) 19:32, December 9, 2013 (UTC)
Removal of appearances
The company is basically symbiotic and intrinsically linked with the franchise, is an appearance section necessary? Its getting rather bloated now. HadAnd0426 (talk) (Contribs) 12:54, May 28, 2019 (UTC)
- This is kind of to be expected with some pages, as they keep releasing more and more Alien material. If we do decide to keep the Appearances section, why don't we turn it into a scroll box like the other wikis like Wookiepedia are doing? --Kingsman28 (talk) (Contribs) 13:32, May 28, 2019 (UTC)
- On the one hand, yes, it is getting a bit bloated. On the other, there are quite a few stories that don't feature Weyland-Yutani (most of the early Aliens comics and novels, for instance) so I do think it's a good idea to have it. It's not like the Alien creature itself where it's basically in absolutely everything.
Science Division (D15) as umbrella for Bio Weapons and Special Services
I suggest Science Division as an umbrella for Bio Weapons and Special Services. Science Division, also known as D15, is an entity which is continually described alongside Weyland Yutani.
In the Prometheus Bluray extras it is described as a department within Weyland Yutani (circa 2090's AD) :
Peter Weyland: "my science division's own long range scans have recently detected a faint, almost imperceptible signal emanating from of the lesser moons in that system. And contrary to the findings of shaw and Holloway, which target LV-223 as our primary site of interest, our findings suggest the point of origin could actually be the moon LV-426." https://www.alien-covenant.com/topic/42981
It is also in the various "transmissions" on the Prometheus Bluray .
Peter Weyland: "This “greeting” was the brainchild of both my science division and my public relations office. On the one hand, it serves a legitimate scientific purpose in contacting these so-called “engineers,”
While in the officially licenced Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual (1995) in the next hundred years it is described as having grown more powerful than Weyland Yutani.
Various quotes from the Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual : (circa 2180's AD):
"Christ, yeah. Oh, the one thing that did check out was Ripley's claim about Ash. Someone did order a synthetic aboard the Nostromo as a replacement Science Officer shortly before it left Thetis. I don't know who it was made the order, but it would imply that Science Division was running the show—"
—As they are now. What goes around—"
"Problem is, we're still in the dark; without the data held by D15 (Science Division)-"
"Listen, Conrad and Tokyo have given me a wide degree of latitude on this, but I'm under orders. All I can say is that Bioweapons and D15 have got the situation locked down tight. I can't tell you anything else."
"Rumiko, have you read this?"
"Yes, I had the testimony downloaded to my terminal." "Where in hell did they get this from?"
"I do not know. Science Division are saying they have a new data source. They are holding back until the bonus situation is cleared."
Quote from the Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual : (circa 2180's AD):
EXTRACTION TEAM ON STATION EFFECTIVE SEP 132130. OBJECTIVE 2,000 METERS NE. WILL EXPEDITE. CAMLAC 2 OUTFIRE REPORTS FRIENDS PRESENT IN FORCE. REPEAT, IN FORCE. REQUEST WEAPONS FREE. STANDBY.
"The Shinyo Maru confirms, sir. Science Division are on-site at the derelict. Tanaka wants orders. Should he arrange an accident?"
"Not yet. Tell him to keep his powder dry. First I need to negotiate with Trudeau on a secure line. If he's smart, he won't try and muscle us out of the bonus share."
This article on Weyland Yutani should include officially licenced sources of information such as the Prometheus Bluray, the Aliens Colonial Marines Technical Manual and the Aliens: Colonial Marines game.
- "All I can say is that Bioweapons and D15 have got the situation locked down tight." It seems quite clear that they are separate entities and not one singular umbrella division. The Creature Slayer (talk) (Contribs) 22:19, February 16, 2020 (UTC)
I don't think that conclusion is so clear:
-We know for a fact that Bioweapons is a department within Weyland Yutani (from Burke in Aliens (1986).
-We also know that Science Division (D15) is a entity within Weyland Yutani (from Peter Weylands notes on the Prometheus Bluray)
That sentence in the ACMTM could simply be read as Bioweapons being a subsidiary of Science Division (D15). As in the sentence:
"Disney Music Group and The Walt Disney Studios have got the situation locked down tight" where in actuality DMG is a division WDS.
In terms of press and marketing materials (Prometheus Bluray Transmissions), the head of Weyland Yutani, Peter Weyland, is more likely to refer to the general "My Science Division" of his company more than the very specific and quite clandestine sounding "My Bioweapons Division".
Logically it also makes sense, Bioweapons research would in fact be a department of the sciences subsidiary of a multinational company.
A logial hierarchy would be Sciences- > Special Projects -> Bioweapons.
- That hierarchy's basically total assumption though.
- As for those notes on the Prometheus Blu-ray, they also reference Blade Runner, but that doesn't mean Deckard exists in the Alien universe. I'm pretty sure the people who wrote them have said they were just meant for fun.
- I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying nothing really supports it beyond supposition.
- Also, it's worth bearing in mind that the Tech Manual was written nigh-on 20 years before Colonial Marines came out, so I'm really not convinced some guy called Conrad in the latter is supposed to be the same Conrad mentioned in the former, or that the Resolute intrinsically ties into the book. Given how ACM turned out, I doubt anyone involved ever bothered to look at a copy of the Tech Manual, much less trawl through that whole transcript section at the back for lore Easter eggs that 99.99% of people wouldn't even notice. More likely the name is a coincidental reference to Joseph Conrad.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 17:28, March 6, 2020 (UTC)