Wait a minute, that garden statue thingy of an Alien should not be on the Dog alien page. The statue has dorsal tubes, which the Dog Aliens do not have.--LastJedi1515 (talk) 21:54, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
HOw does everyone feel about changing the name of this article to "Dogburster"? I'll have to check my DVDs, but I'm pretty sure it's a valid alternate name used during production. Does anyone remember how Giger referred to it?( I think he got shafted on the design credit when it was released).CadmiumX99 04:11, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Dog burster? Wouldn't that pertain more to the chestburster form than the adult form?--Zervziel 07:51, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree about the chestburster form being called Dogburster, I think we should call this article Runner Alien or just Runner or maybe just keep dog alien. T-888 16:28, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I think Runner would be better, Dog Alien just brings up confusion as to whether it came from a dog or an ox.--LastJedi1515 (talk) 16:51, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, which version of the film is cannon, until we figure that out then we can just call it Runner? T-888 19:54, March 11, 2010 (UTC)
Not just any dog...
I recently watched Alien3 for the first time in five years, and the dog in the theatrical cut is actually a pretty big dog. Most of us were thinking that the dig was a little beagle or something, (I can't really identify dog breeds) but the dog in Alien3 has about the right size for a facehugger to infect.--LastJedi1515 (talk) 00:18, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
can you all stop calling the runner and predalien hybrids, its annoying that everyone calls them hybrids and don't call human-spawned aliens hybrids as its the same thing regardless of species just with minor alterations due to its "dna/trait" absorbing, i personally don't think any of them are/as hybrids, its just the alien's way to breed and adapt but you lot insist on calling them hybrids
p.s who ever put the "can't become warriors" or something like that.. on the xenomorph page (runner part) is an idiot, thereis no prrof of that either way and a wiki doesn't or isn't supposed to include opinions,speculation or any unsourced info ONLY FACT, if it was from a comic book or game then it should be put under "other sources or expanded material" as i personally consider the films to the main source of info and is canon...even that...thing avp requiem at least for now. if there is any mistakes thats because i'm bloody ranting and rushing.
i just wish this was a properly done wiki, where info was put right and seperated from game and book info. 126.96.36.199 15:49, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
I complete agree, but the corrcet word is trans-breeds and prue-breed. The trans-breeds are the drones,runners,predaliens and so on. The prue-breeds are the queens, pretorains, ravagers, carriers and ect.
I have a theory the runner in alien3 is a drone because a queen face hugger can carry two embryoes one drone a queen so can the runner is a drone runner and if also if a dog is impregnated by a facehugger it can be a drone or warrior its just a theory?188.8.131.52 17:35, November 10, 2012 (UTC)
comics and novels
(sorry, I keep commenting on old posts.)
Hatching from Dead Ox
Generally, killing the host before Chestburster erupting from it can prevent a Xenomorph from hatching, but the Runner in Alien 3 raises a scary possibility: That is, even the host is dead for a certain duration, Xenomorph can still hatch, maybe because the time of killing host is too late, Chestburster has already matured.--General Wild Dog (talk) (Contribs) 16:03, January 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Killing a host does kill the chestburster, it is only if the chestburster is ready to burst and no longer dependant on its host to live, can it survive its host's death. Basically the Ox was too strong for the chestburster to burst out, so it was still growing and growing while trapped inside the Ox which eventually killed it, it was long ready to emerge before the host died, it just couldn't escape until it was big and strong enough. -- The Cruentus(Talk) 16:24, January 14, 2017 (UTC)