Should we call him Michael Bishop Weland or just Michael Bishop. If he is a desendant of Charels Bishop Weyland the he should have the last name Welyland with Bishop being his middle name...T-888 16:50, March 10, 2010 (UTC)
Charles Bishop Weyland's "Distant Descendant'?
Is that stated anywhere? Spikeygod69 06:53, April 6, 2010 (UTC)
Did Michael Bishop appeared in Aliens vs predator 2010 video game at the end of marine missons?
Where exactly did the name Michael Bishop Weyland come from? As far as I'm aware, the character's official name (taken from the film's trading cards) is just Michael Bishop. When did the Weyland get added, and where is the source for it?--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 08:41, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah I see. Toa is right, the character is identified as Weyland in Stasis Interrupted's subtitles. That still doesn't quite give us his full name, but I guess it's a reasonable assumption. I'll see if I can't work out some references that cites both sources.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 08:25, August 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Actually the Weyland name might come from Aliens versus Predator 2 because according to the game's article, he is mentioned in some of the notes found in the Pods. Toa Quarax (talk) (Contribs) 01:47, August 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Then I recommend you play it ASAP, forget the mediocre Aliens vs. predator 2010, AVP 2 by monolith was a real Alien vs predator gem. I am sure there are still copies of the game around but by now it will be quite hard to find. I have the game so I will check out the notes to see if that is true. Toa, which level/area specifically can I find the notes you speak of? The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 20:44, August 28, 2013 (UTC)
- @Cruentus I've been dying to play it for years, but unfortunately, as you say, copies are hard to find, and then there's the compatibility issues with modern operating systems. I keep hoping it will be re-released in some form in the near future — after all, AVP1 has come out on Steam — but so far, no luck.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 08:20, August 29, 2013 (UTC)
- Actually compatibility is not much of an issue or at all I think. I have played it fine on this computer and another, both which are quite modern. Like Toa said, Amazon may have copies. Yes, I heard about the steam thing as well, that would be very good if they can get AVP2 on there but I heard nothing is happening because they haven't got permission yet(copyright) or something. If there is a note around saying Michael's name as a weyland then I shall try and find it next I find myself on AVP2. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 16:08, August 29, 2013 (UTC)
Forgetting for a moment there doesn't seem to be any conceivable way Cruz could know the guy's name at that point... Good job, I missed that!--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 07:33, October 1, 2013 (UTC)
Name (cont'd again)
- Nope, no mentions at all. In fact, one of the guys involved in the development of the book on AVPGalaxy has confirmed that, as far as the report is concerned, nothing from the expanded universe before Out of the Shadows is considered. Fox decided it would just be impossible to try and tie it all together, so they only included the recent stuff.
- Whether that constitutes a retcon or not is highly debatable, but we do now have two different, distinct names for this character.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 08:07, August 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Me either, but I'm wondering if this page should be renamed. We now have the report and the Alien3 Collectible CardArt claiming his name is Bishop, and the game claiming his name is Weyland. Which should take precedent? I don't wanna say go with Bishop just because I don't like ACM, but at the same time the Bishop name does have the most sources backing it up.
- I get what you mean, we can't be biased but if "Bishop" does indeed have the more sources referencing it, use that as the primary name but mention that he is called weyland in other sources. Just my opinion on the matter. This is the issue with the expanded universe, so many conflicting information. It wouldn't kill devs, authors etc to stick to one continuity but they never do. -- The Cruentus(Talk) 12:55, August 14, 2015 (UTC)