Does anyone have anymore info on these 'Empresses'? I have AVP:E and I could copy the information for the Empress for you, if you guys would like.Titanium Protector (talk) (Contribs) 01:24, July 12, 2011 (UTC)TP
is the matriarch confirmed to be an empress.... nooooooo... so why on gods green earth is this article using a really low quality picture of her... use a picture of a confirmed empress, and if there isnt one in canon dont use a picture at all! ralok (talk) (Contribs) 15:23, December 1, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks ralok. I switched out the picture for one of a confirmed Empress.--Toa Quarax (Talk) (Contribs) 18:58, December 1, 2013 (UTC)
Queen or Empress
If we're having a discussion on whether the Empress in AVPE is just a variation of Queen or an entirely different caste, we need to have it here.
- I don't think Size really matters in this situation. Drones are said to turn into Warriors, and they are roughly around the same size despite being behaviorally different. - "Social stimulus" does not matter either. The queen itself has several avenues for creation (royal jelly + egg, breeding egg from instinctual cues, evolving from a warrior->Praetorian, normal egg itself evolving into a praetorian egg) so it's not a stretch to say a Queen can have multiple triggers of her own. One avenue to one type of Empress is for Combat purposes, the other is to establish dominance in the hive.
- Hello again Jaxterhammer, the reason I first messaged you on your talk page regarding the War Empress is because I have no way of knowing whether or not you would have been notified of a message on the Empress article talk page and I didn't want to simply move the War Empress section back to the Queen article without first letting the person who moved it from there know why it is most appropriately displayed there instead of on the Empress article.
- The considerable difference in size between a War Empress and an Empress is certainly a factor to consider when determining whether or not the War Empress is a development of a Queen or an Empress and that you would say otherwise and then go on to talk about what is nothing but your own subjective speculation that sloppily references unrelated information, to me just looks like nonsensical stuttering in attempted defiance of what is now a well explained interpretation of officially documented information.
- Whilst it is not known for certain, the only existing official speculated reasons for a Queen to develop into an Empress are those that I have already mentioned and expanded upon for further clarity, so your beliefs regarding a Queen having other stimulus for developing into an Empress besides the official speculations that I have previously expanded upon are again just your own subjective opinions and not appropriate for use in determining what article the War Empress section should be displayed on.
- If you want to build your own speculative theories on such things or whatever else then do so in a blog post where it does not interfere with the processes that only use officially documented information and competent individual speculation (where applicable and agreed upon) in determining what content is appropriate to display on what article.
- The War Empress simply has the word 'Empress' in common with an Empress and nothing more, the reason for this purely superficial incongruity would simply be a coincidence or careless oversight because whoever decided to name it a 'War Empress' probably just wanted to make it sound very very fancy instead of naming it something more appropriate and less conflicting and that was probably because at the time AVP:E was being developed, it was not well documented knowledge (despite the fact that AVP:E may also feature an NPC Empress) that there was a further development of a Xenomorph Queen called an Empress.
- The War Empress is simply what a Queen is called after undergoing a combat adaptation, it has nothing to do with the similarly named Empress which is later developmental stage of a Xenomorph Queen due to advanced age and/or territory/population expansion.
- If you continue to ignore and disregard official references, facts and competent explanations that I have gone over several times previously and then only respond with poorly constructed pseudo-sophistry containing information that is clearly unrelated and irrelevant to the War Empress classification issue, then you are obviously unable or unwilling to demonstrate here that you are indeed capable of competent cognition and I'm not going to continue explaining to you what should now be more than obvious and I'm sure Leigh Burne has the sense to agree with me on this once he is unhampered enough to sit down and properly read what I have written. Freighttrain, The (talk) (Contribs) 16:55, September 13, 2018 (UTC)
- Watch your tone, Freighttrain. Jaxterhammer's perfectly entitled to disagree with you. That doesn't give you the right to insult him for it.
- As for myself — despite your assertions to the contrary, no I do not agree. Your arguments sound just as speculative as those you are criticising Jaxter for. You seem to be under the impression your own personal interpretation of things is gospel, which is both troubling and inaccurate — any one person's understanding of something that isn't literally spelt out in black and white is merely an opinion, not fact.
- In my eyes, in lieu of any actual concrete evidence, the simplest solution to this is still the best — it is called a War Empress. That tells me it's a variant of an Empress. The fact it evolves from a Queen rather than a (regular) Empress is irrelevant. It's just a different kind of Empress, so it should go on the Empress page.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 12:56, September 19, 2018 (UTC)