Internal organ assimilation?
I just played through Aliens vs Predator (2010), when I spotted an autopsy report in the xenomorph labs (marine campaing). It was conducted after an individual had been used to breed a drone, and they wanted to see the effects (other than the obvious fist-sized hole in the chest).
There was some note about most of the abdominal organs being severely damaged and the presence of a sack-like structure within the thorax, along with some black fluid. There was heavy necrosis predating the death of the individual, and the doctor who performed the autopsy noted a theory that the organs were partially digested in order to make/grow the chestburster.
Should this information be written into the article?
Didn't take a screenshot of the whiteboard, sorry. 126.96.36.199 21:40, March 14, 2010 (UTC)
XenoFan 03:18, April 5, 2010 (UTC):I think it's usefull information what you've got there, and oh i just edited the page it was to messy with the embryo traveling to the bronchial tubes and then to the aorta?, why it didn't travel tothe pulmonary artery instead? that was really messed up and there was no citations from cannon resources not even un-cannon! soi corrected it a little bit. Is it better now?
why some chestbursters have arms
My theory of why some chestbursters have arms is that some might get more nutrients from their host and/or grow faster. And as for the runner alien being fully devoleped, thats maybe its a DNA fault from being born with DNA being constantly alterd by the host`s own DNA. I am only eleven but most people I know believe in the theory. Please visit my talk page to discuss to discuss.
P.S. sorry the link did not work so please try and fix it for me. the address is http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/User:Pred1 please put the link on talk page. AND DON`T WRECK MY STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the chestburster looks like it was scared when it came out of kane in the movie...it didn't know where it was and it knew it wasn't in the hive
Chestburster hazard placenta theories
Most of Aliens series fans have an angry about new theories of chestburster removal in "Colonial Marines" (That the victim would die anyway because chestburster placenta) but I think this thing was make sense too. Let me explained this why
1. As we seen new type of Aliens in every sequel, game, comic (canon or non-canon) it was shown that Xenomorph can improve or adapt themselves as time goes by. Maybe the type of growing of chestburster when inside somebody can change too.
2.In AVP2010 game. One time Katya warn Tequila about "High tension can accelerated the parasite growing inside" that's mean if the host was hot headed person and in the bad mood (Bella in Aliens: Colonial Marines also included in this). It would be affect on chestburster too, the chestburster placeta could be more fatal and cancerous, shorten time to complete growing, more violently chest-bursting on victim. Also the different type of host type (their race, personality, health, illness etc.) can affect the type of embryo too.
(Although non-canon , in Batman/Aliens comic have an interesting theories. The female antagonist Dr.Fortune was impregnated by Facehugger. But chestburster can't burst out because her leprosy illness, instead it grant her xenomorph strength, acid blood etc.) Maybe in the future we would seen someone who have strong willed enough to resisted chestburster from bursting from chest (instead vomiting it, human automaticly created antibody inside to disintegrate the embryo) and it grant them the xenomorph strength, sense, acid-proof body. But at-a cost on having a occasion chest-pain, often have a bad dream about being impregnated etc.
3.Don't forget that Weyland-Yutani was a Bullshit company and people. the operation doctor may lie on Winter, Oneill, Bella about this or seen that Bella is on the verge of death it would be useless to do the operation. But if he told them the truth they would kill him.
- Please sign your talk page posts using the signature button--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 07:54, August 5, 2013 (UTC)
- I have to add that a Weyland-Yutanti scientist, Steven Hale, tried to remove the embryo from his brother but he died anyway. It's mentioned in the "Hale Autopsy Report" audio log. Deathblade 100 (talk) (Contribs) 19:20, September 7, 2014 (UTC)
Appearance in AVP1 (1999)
That is the game that was remade as Gold right? Then no, I don't recall seeing any chestbursters though I might be wrong since its been awhile since I played it. There are plenty of Facehuggers and other "breeds" in the game. You can only control a warrior in that game, its the sequel by Monolith that allowed players to go through the life-cycle. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 11:04, September 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Has a unique Queen Chestburster ever been seen other than at the end of Alien3?--Leigh Burne (Talk) (Contribs) 07:48, September 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Did that chestvurster even look all that different? Iamtheravager (talk) (Contribs) 14:47, May 23, 2016 (UTC)iamtheravager
Created section if tabs needs to be discussed further.
In-universe is all well and good but this is a wiki not an actual report from people who exist in the universe and thus it is going names movies, comics and games that Xenomorphs/predators appear in from time to time. Technically, the wiki rule is npov, in-universe is just a preference we have so far as I know and it is good, I would not change that but quotes, trivia and behind the scenes are allowed on the pages so its not too strict. However I am open to changing the names of the tabs but not removing them. -- The Cruentus(Talk) 16:17, December 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Actually, our Manual of Style does stipulate that pages be in-universe, see here :) Regardless of that, I'd still argue we don't need quite so many images in those tabs, especially as some aren't all that clear. The one from Aliens, for example, is quite hard to make out. Ditto the Facehugger image from Alien3 on the Facehugger page, which is just an X-ray that doesn't really show anything. Having a picture from each film just for the sake of it seems over-the-top. I suggest that we should stick to good examples rather than comprehensive examples.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 21:25, December 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Yes I know what the manual says but those are the articles as in the body of information, after all trivia and behind the scenes is hardly in-universe and anyway that does not take away that this is a wiki first and foremost but don't get me wrong, I'm all for in-universe. Infoboxs are a gray area and lots of wikis, even those like ours still name media in the boxs. No, not all images are necessary especially if they are not clear so I agree there and like I said, if you propose a different name for the tabs, I am open to it. Welcome back by the way. :) -- The Cruentus(Talk) 21:43, December 21, 2016 (UTC)
The new alien covenant trailer had a backbuster in it. We addin' a page or what?Werebereus - ಠ_ಠ 10:06, December 29, 2016 (UTC)