This game comes out feburay 2013.
http://www.mobilenapps.com/articles/2333/20120522/aliens-colonial-marines-release-date-announced-delayed.htm --WAVE (talk) (Contribs) 04:47, May 23, 2012 (UTC)
Left 4 Dead Link?
I was wondering if we should mention the link up between the gameplay of Left 4 Dead and Aliens Colonial Marines. I know it has nothing to do with the story, but I find it painfully obvious that there are simularities in gameplay such as the Xeno Spitter and the Spitter . It's still all speculation at this point anyhow. Just food for thought if you will?
wil be epiiiccc
It will be the best aliens game ever 10 of 10 I wish I could put myself in hyper sleep and wake up the day before it comes out184.108.40.206 19:50, December 1, 2012 (UTC)pr 97
Ohhh the sick irony220.127.116.11 02:23, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
TDM EB expo info
Hey guys I played the beta multiplayer(at the EB Games Expo) -TDM 6v6 Marines vs Xenos(pro players), and it is incredible, those crushers are great to scatter you but I heard if you time it right you can jump right over them and shoot them in the back(only way to deal damage). You need to find a place to hold off together, I suggest getting two people with mics to use motion scanner and others have shotguns at the ready(also check the cieling and also the sky, incredible jumpers). The pulse rifle and shotgun get secondary attachments (not pistol and you can't duel wield motion scanner with it making it effectively useless), attachments are the grenade launcher/noob tube and a tranquiler with varying degrees of success. Also to clear anything up Xenos are in 3rd person.
Remember to try and add sources for what you add or it may end up being deleted. We need confirmed info on this wiki, not speculation or unconfirmed info. Our wiki project was set up to beging going through current pages to sort it all out. If you do not know how to source info just ask me or Ultimatex. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 22:18, December 13, 2012 (UTC)
Rating/Classification of ACM and the "editing war"
Due to the "entitled" and "If I can't have it my way, nobody can" nature and semi-racist view of a member(who shall be currently unnamed), the ratings/clasification for Aliens:Colonial Marines has had an editing war, the edit includes the rating/classification of the New Zealand and Australian versions. I expect that this game will sell several hundred thousand copies in these countries, as they are smaller and more isolated from the rest of the world. But does this make their rating any less important? No. Because they do not use the ESRB rating system, they are independent from it and have a different rating.
For example The elder scrolls V: Skyrim is rated ESRB:M(Mature, which is for audiences of the 17 years and above), but in New Zealand and Australia, this is a different case, M rated games are not restricted to any audience as it has a different meaning(it is similar to a PG-13 rating in America), in these countries the Australian Classification Board(AUC) rated skyrim as MA15+(Restricted to mature audiences of the age 15 years and above) and a NZ rating or R13(Restricted to the age 13 years and above). This wikia is dedicated to the infomation of Aliens:Colonial Marines and hence I believe that the OFLC NZ and AUC ratings be shown alongside the ESRB ratings so any person looking for infomation regarding how this game was rated be provided with said infomation.
If rating infomation irrelelvant then how is ESRB rating not irrelevant as well, I ask you not to remove these ratings as it can be very difficult to find said infomation for these countries
The crowbar is very effective against headcrabs, why not try out on some facehuggers? (talk) (Contribs) 01:52, December 14, 2012 (UTC).
I understand what you're saying but if you want your info to stay, I need you to provide sources for it I.E a website or article that says ALL country ratings for the game, that way you prove the info is real and it will not be removed as that will then be vandalism. What you got to remember as well, is not all games are released worldwide, some countries ban it.
Find sources for it and I shall put it back into the page.
Also please try and be civi. calling someone names etc is against the rules.
Sourcing for the Aliens: Colonial Marines Austrailian version (It was also rated MA15+ at the EB Games Expo 2012)
NZ version (website can be a bit "iffy" and you will likely have to follow the link back from the page saying your session has expired, and just click search aliens colonial marines)
The crowbar is very effective against headcrabs, why not try out on some facehuggers? (talk) (Contribs) 10:32, December 14, 2012 (UTC)
Main page edit request
New gameplay has appeared, a new multiplayer mode has been unvieled and previous infomation stating that there is no HUD is false: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNXF40SdJow
The crowbar is very effective against headcrabs, why not try out on some facehuggers? (talk) (Contribs) 19:30, December 14, 2012 (UTC)
I just added it into the page, though I think you could have done it as well because the page protection could have perhaps expired by now. Nice gameplay video though. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 20:45, December 14, 2012 (UTC)
Can I say personal experience (beta) for HUD
The crowbar is very effective against headcrabs, why not try out on some facehuggers? (talk) (Contribs) 07:41, December 15, 2012 (UTC)
Protection has expired, but not sure if I should add BBFC rating or not looks to be 15, since this advert is rated 15 http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/aliens-colonial-marines-acm-gameplay-silverspot-1970-0
The crowbar is very effective against headcrabs, why not try out on some facehuggers? (talk) (Contribs) 06:31, December 16, 2012 (UTC)
Aliens: Colonial marines
Wait a second...the Predators are not going to be in this game? If so that sucks. Is the campaign going to be just Marines? I loved the 3 campaigns from AVP 3, theres 50,000 FPS games out there AVP 3 gave very unique gameplay options, the closest comparason I know of is Prey with the gravity changes, but the Aliens and Predators gave new angles to play from. Its sad if they decide to make another human shooting a gun game. Gormagon (talk) (Contribs) 16:46, January 19, 2013 (UTC)
No there are no Predators as this takes place during the timeline of the Fox Alien movies which is different then the Predator or AVP timelines. It will be considered canon to the Alien movies released by Fox and AVP is it's own timeline that is suggested tohave events similiar to, if not the same as, events of the indiviual Alien and Predator timelines. GrimmShadows (talk) (Contribs) 17:30, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
- In fairness, we don't definitively know that there are no predators in the game because it hasn't been released yet. It's still possible the predators will make a surprise appearance, however it seems incredibly unlikely.
- And FYI, saying the predators and the aliens don't exist in the same timeline is just plain wrong; they've been in the same timeline ever since the xenomorph skull appeared in Predator 2. The AvP films are also part of that timeline, because they've been released by Fox and are therefore cannon. The fact some of them totally contradict each other is irrelevant and down to shoddy writing.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 10:41, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
- From what I heard; the writers and makers of the Alien and Predator movies don't consider them to be the same timeline and the skull was just a reference, or joke, not meant to actully indicate a connection to the other series of movies. It's a third timeline where they're all together. Basicly there's 3 timelines/universes; Alien, Predator, and AVP. GrimmShadows (talk) (Contribs) 11:51, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Incorrect. If it's in a film released by 20th Century Fox then it's canon. Yes, Stan Winston has gone on record saying that the alien skull was only put in Predator 2 amongst all those other trophies as a cool little inside joke for fans... but it's still in the film which makes it official. At some point, that Predator fought and killed a Xenomorph, and the evidence is on-screen. The way Fox subsequently adopted the AvP franchise further establishes its canon status.
- It doesn't matter what the writer or the cameraman or the set dresser of the previous movies thinks of it, if Fox authorised it and released it then it's part of the official Alien/Predator continuity. As are the subsequent AvP movies it eventually led to. Personally I hate those terrible AvP films and prefer to pretend they don't exist, but just because some people hate them that doesn't mean they're not related in terms of canon.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 12:14, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Guess I either heard wrong or they changed their mind since I heard it. It was a while ago so I might also just remember wrong. But the main point is that Gearbox has gone on the record as saying there won't be any Predators and that it takes place after Alien 3 but the story is mostly a sequel to aliens. I thought the first AVP movie was ok it had some neat ideas that for any one of who knows how many reasons didn't quite work in the end. GrimmShadows (talk) (Contribs) 17:53, February 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Leigh is right, the films are canon though it is up to the individual to have the personal view and opinion of viewing the franchises as separate canons or the expanded material as canon or not. So long as it does not affect the wiki, everyone is welcome to their opinions. Games are classed as expanded material but its also one that is being officially called canon and the same people (gearbox) who said that also said in an interview that predators were a part of the expanded universe and so would not feature in the aliens game. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 02:11, February 13, 2013 (UTC)
So, it looks like most of the weapons are bonuses from some pack or another. Does that mean that people who didn't get the Collector's edition or any of the other "special" versions will only get to use the M41A and the Smart Gun? I mean, I'm getting this mostly for the campaign and co-op, but even then having just two weapons (three counting the M41A's grenade launcher) seems pretty underwhelming. Can we get some clarity on the weapons situation? --Delta1138 SnooPING AS usual I see 23:23, January 22, 2013 (UTC)
Shotguns, flamethrowers and handguns are likely, then there is the turrets which players can place anywhere. There may be more weapons but not much info on them has been released yet. We can find out for sure next month when it will be released. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 03:51, January 23, 2013 (UTC)
we should add a link to a coutdown timer for this game and future alien an predator stuff in the future 18.104.22.168 19:25, January 29, 2013 (UTC)pr97
- Why? The article already says when the game is released. And other future Alien/Predator products have nothing to do with this page.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 08:37, January 30, 2013 (UTC)
I know that the date is on there what I mean is a timer with days year mintues and seconds to add anticipation22.214.171.124 23:48, January 30, 2013 (UTC)pr97
Where exactly does Wierzbowski appear in the game? Ahead of release I'd assumed he would appear in the singleplayer campaign somewhere, but now that I've played it I see that isn't the case. Is he a multiplayer character? Or heard in an audio log somewhere?--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 09:30, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
it is a big disappointment
this game sucks randy lied to us crative assmblely's aliens game may be are only hope down with gearbox126.96.36.199 16:42, February 16, 2013 (UTC)pr97
Page needs more content about Xeno multiplayer; skills, attacks etc.
Yes, singleplayer DLC is inbound. And it's got me thinking — how do we want to integrate this information into the article? It may well add quite a lot of plot details (fingers crossed...), but adding this into the plot synopsis on this main Colonial Marines article doesn't seem right to me as it's not technically a part of the main game, and it's more than probable some people will never even buy or play the add-on. Relegating any new story info to the DLC section seems equally inappropriate, because it might be fairly important stuff.
- 1.6, I think.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 08:04, July 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks =) Madpredator (talk) (Contribs) 08:48, July 26, 2013 (UTC)
A Cutdown needed.
Even though not really happy with the "what if" part on here. This page is packing to much to load up on the browser. Is't there a way to separate the videos to another page. If anyone just check on over to the Resident Evil wikia you see what I mean. Decoy Turk (talk) (Contribs) 10:05, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
- What do you mean by "what if"? A:CM is canon, though a lot fans wish it wasn't.(edit, just viewed the page) the page notes that "some fans seems to consider it just a what if story" but it doesn't change anything, A:CM is canon. The walkthrough videos are what you are talking about I assume? Well I haven't had any trouble viewing the page but maybe I will ask other members and see if anything needs to be done about it. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 13:01, September 28, 2013 (UTC)
- I don't have a problem viewing the page, but I do think the number of videos included is pretty excessive, especially as the game has now been released.
- As for the "What-If?" comment in the opening paragraph, the wording makes it clear that the game is official canon, but that many people do not wish to consider it so, which, so far as I can tell, is an accurate representation of the majority's opinion.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 09:49, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree since I kind of wish it wasn't canon, it messed things up too much, added Alien types with no explanation, it did not recreate Alien and Aliens areas accurately (and this is supposed to be a game built on nostalgia!). There is so many bad things about the game I can say but its already been said by others and critics. Anyway, I have no problem with the "what-if" part in the article and if you think the page has too many videos, then we can either delete them or move them. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 10:03, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Ah was just talking about this page being a very long one to load up. I just used the video section as an example we could make a seperate page of to cut loading guess was a slow day.
- I very much enjoyed the story and the game even got the platinum. I've seen and read the real overrall hate for this game past month. There was one on that relyonhorror website when they mentioned about the Steam price cut. All they could say was "Nice Try" and have'nt even played it. If we look at other reviewers like Spoony and Angry Joe who openly refused and swore at seeing Corporal Dwayne Hicks I really can't listen or fellow to their opinions.
- I'm ready for 20th Century Fox to continue from the ending even though games or books.Decoy Turk (talk) (Contribs) 12:56, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
- If the page is taking a long time to load it is probably because of the videos. We will look into cutting down the number on the page.
- There's nothing wrong with you enjoying the game :) But the page should reflect the overall consensus, which is that it was not very good. It doesn't meant you're wrong for liking it — some of my favourite movies have had terrible critical reviews — but it doesn't change what those reviews state.--Leigh Burne (talk) (Contribs) 13:54, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
On the topic of canon, ever since its exclusion from the Wey-Yu report and Isolation's subsequent inclusion and no subsequent mention in anything else Alien related, I think it may be safe to say that Aliens: Colonial Marines is no longer canon to the Alien universe. Can we agree? HadAnd0426 (talk) (Contribs) 00:36, February 15, 2019 (UTC)
- It's something I've been thinking about for a while. It definitely seems as though Fox have quietly dropped it from the official timeline, but as usual they've not said anything openly on the subject.
- In fact there was allegedly a total "canon reset" shortly after the game came out in which Fox essentially discarded all prior expanded universe stories and began anew with Out of the Shadows, but — you guessed it — no official statement was ever made regarding this and it remains a second-hand piece of info. Not to mention River of Pain then went and clouded the waters by specifically incorporating scenes from the Newt's Tale comic, which had supposedly been cast aside with everything else.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 19:07, February 27, 2019 (UTC)