Since we're referring to them as "fan-made" does that mean we won't be treating the events of these films as canon, or is it just a technical term of description for them? Of course I know that Fox gave them a budget to make these films, I just wanted to know the Wiki's policy on them for now. Kingsman28 (talk) (Contribs) 18:11, March 29, 2019 (UTC)
- Will characters, ships and other stuff from the shorts make their way to the wiki? Draft227 (talk) (Contribs) 16:30, March 29, 2019 (UTC)
- @Kingsman: Good question. Yes, they're fan-made, but they are an official Fox project. Official doesn't necessary equate to canon of course — some of the short films made for Covenant were incongruous with the movie, and Aliens: Bug Hunt specifically states that some of the shorts it contains aren't canon — but as usual we've had no official word on the status of these films. For now, I'd say we treat them like the numerous older novels and comics, which are sort of accepted as canon on here but not mentioned alongside the films.
- Ah, so it'll be okay if I start integrating them into the proper pages? Btw, doesn't it seem like those last two shorts will in fact debut with the Alien Blu-Ray Anniversary set ahead of that April 26 online release? Also, where can we talk about behind the scenes info about the shorts? Should I make a section on this page? --Kingsman28 (talk) (Contribs) 23:33, April 19, 2019 (UTC)
- Sadly, they're not on the 4K. The directors clearly thought they would be, but I've spoken to people who've bought it and they're not included :( But feel free to start mentioning them elsewhere if appropriate.
- As for the behind the scenes stuff — depending on how much we get, I might split these films off into their own individual pages and keep this as a general article about the overall project. The shorts are more substantial than most of the previous, laregly promotional films we've had, and depending how much BTS material we get, it'll probably make more sense to have it grouped with the respective movie on a dedicated article. But I'm gonna play wait and see on that one for now, at least until they're all released.-- LEIGH BURNE(Talk) 20:29, April 24, 2019 (UTC)