Let me guess that single Amanda picture was a fake. I guess the families of the Nostromo crew wanted some answers. Then again will this tie in with the upcoming book Alien: Out Of The Shadow? Decoy Turk (talk) (Contribs) 13:15, October 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Not sure if this is the place to discuss it, but the picture isn't necessarily a fake. Amanda could have had her fun between films (as per the game) and still died naturally. Then again, Gearbox contrived Hicks cheating death, so hey, why not Creative Assembly with Amanda too? :(--Hawki (talk) (Contribs) 21:31, October 22, 2013 (UTC)
- Why you sad? Corporal Dwayne Hicks' face isn't shown explicitly at all in the crashed EEV sequence. Alien 3 itself left the door open for a future return for him.
- As for Amanda who I did'nt think much of until now with this upcoming game. I know we can be expecting more Lance Henriksen anyway. Actually would be sweet if Fox can get Lance to read Out Of The Shadow book into a audio novel...Decoy Turk (talk) (Contribs) 12:44, October 23, 2013 (UTC)
- The plot has been copied from wikipedia, it needs to be tweaked/redone to make it original and more unique to this wiki. While sometimes this can tolerated when something needs to be done quickly (as then it can be used as template before it is tweaked and edited to be different) it is far better for it to be Original from the start. The Cruentus (talk) (Contribs) 11:35, October 11, 2014 (UTC)
what I think
looks like a great game BUT IF IT SCREWS UP SEGAS GONNA GET SUED BY ME --Xeno126 (talk) (Contribs) 05:22, January 11, 2014 (UTC) by the way will they remake colonial marines 20 years from now they better be
- Talk pages are supposed to be discussion about the article. Please keep stuff like this to the Forums and Blogs.--Toa Quarax (Talk) (Contribs) 21:10, January 11, 2014 (UTC)
Steam Group up to boycott PC version
Xenomorph's appearances random?
I'm wondering if anyone who's played the game has noticed the following: the Drone/Drones seem to appear at random. I tried something out: near the beginning of the game, at the part where you first get the door-hacking tool and you have to get the battery for it, you pass a small room where you find a keycard and a pistol. Before the game came out I watched a gameplay video and saw the player went through that room without seeing the Xeno. So when I played it, I went towards it... and from the hallway I saw the Xeno standing in the middle of said room. I crouched, it went into the vent and dissappeared. I got the keycard and pistol, then hid in the locker. It came out of another vent, stalked around, then left.
I was shocked, so I decided to try something: I loaded my last save and went back to this room: same thing, it was there. Third time, however, it wasn't there. I went in, grabbed the keycard and pistol, passed through without seeing it once. Fourth time, still no Xeno. Fifth time, it came out of the vent just as I grabbed the keycard and killed me.
It does appear in certain scripted events (i.e when you deactivate the security lockdown and you hide under the table in a cutscene), but it seems between said sections it can appear at any time... anyone else notice this? DRAEVAN13 13:59, October 14, 2014 (UTC)
I can assume you that the Xeno could be just hidding. It could appear because you either did a tiny or big noise such as walking, running, dropping a can or whatever. I dont believe if this is just random appearance or not, I dont know. ThekillergreeceThekillergreece (talk) (Contribs) 16:10, October 14, 2014 (UTC)
The part I mention with the Xeno appearing after the security lockdown and you hide under a table in a cutscene is apparently supposed to be the first time you SEE the thing in the game. I saw him before that cutscene in the room with the pistol... I think it might be a bug, it's not supposed to appear before then, but it does chase you around that area after the cutscene. The game might have spawned it by mistake. DRAEVAN13 18:27, October 14, 2014 (UTC)
- I think it can actually appear right after it kills Axel. IIRC, some guys over at AvPGalaxy were killed by it when they stayed in the area too long.--Toa Quarax (Talk) (Contribs) 21:08, October 14, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, having checked some more pages, other videos are still working fine, which suggests it's not an issue with Wikia that might eventually get fixed. Seems really odd that only these ones have vanished though. They're even absent from their file histories, which shouldn't be possible.