R. Sheppard was a mercenary and mechanic who was hired by Weyland Corp to provide security and maintain ground transport equipment aboard the USCSS Prometheus during its expedition to LV-223 in 2093.
Sheppard was hired by the Weyland Corporation to provide security aboard the USCSS Prometheus during its voyage to the distant moon LV-223. After spending two years in hypersleep, Sheppard along with the other crew members were awaken. As the Prometheus nearly arrives on LV-223, Vickers, Shaw and Holloway briefed the crew on their mission to find the Engineers.
Sheppard along with fellow mercenaries Jackson, Furdik and Taplow later attempted to kill Fifield who has been mutated by the black liquid and was running rampant within Prometheus' hangar bay. The crew attempt to kill the violent creature by shooting him multiple times with pistols, but the mutated Fifield proves to be too agile, fast and resilient. Sheppard is killed by Fifield when he is thrown against the transport.
- Sheppard is one of three mercenaries (the others being Furdik and Jackson) involved in a notable continuity mistake surrounding the attack on the Prometheus by the mutated Fifield. During the assault, Sheppard is killed when Fifield throws him against the side of a transport, yet he reappears seconds later running into another transport and reversing it over Fifield, crushing him. He then drives off onto the surface of LV-223, but is never seen again. The mistake occurs because the Fifield attack sequence originally took place later in the movie, when Weyland goes to see the Last Engineer, but the scene was moved earlier in the finished film.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 47 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ Jon Spaihts, Damon Lindelof (writers), Ridley Scott (director). Prometheus (2012), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 46 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ "Weyland-Yutani Archives - Prometheus: The Lesser Known Deleted and Alternate Scenes". Retrieved on 2013-11-21.