Hunting Grounds is being developed by IllFonic (working closely with 20th Century Fox), to be published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for exclusive release on the PlayStation 4. The game is currently being developed as a multiplayer only experience. The team primarily took inspiration from the '87 film for the setting of the game (citing it as the "true crown jewel" of the IP); additionally, as a result of working closely with Fox, IllFonic has been given a unique opportunity in that, everything they make in this game will become a part of the official lore.
A multiplayer set in the jungle, Hunting Grounds consists of a team of four players who will play elite special forces whose job it is to wipe out bad guys and complete special missions. While this element of the game plays out, another player will take control of the Predator to try to wipe out all of the special forces team members.
- As previously stated, Hunting Grounds will be the first Predator video game produced for home gaming systems since Predator: Concrete Jungle, released on PlayStation 2 and Xbox in 2005, some 15 years previously. Since that time, the only Predator games made have been mobile titles, although the Predator has featured in several Alien vs. Predator games, as well as making "guest" appearances in games such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Mortal Kombat X and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands.
- A Predator VR game leaked around the announcement of Hunting Grounds, leading to rumours that the two could be connected as PlayStation 4 exclusives.
- ↑ https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/05/09/predator-hunting-grounds-revealed-during-state-of-play/
- ↑ https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/08/19/new-footage-of-predator-hunting-grounds-unveiled-at-gamescom-2019/
- ↑ https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/08/19/first-gameplay-footage-of-predator-hunting-grounds-unveiled/?fbclid=IwAR2c3WOb8JmfHMFyKraB9YkAuokFkn3JbFLOy04dCgjzJ7CBP3aOnOXjU7Q