- "There have been people there for over twenty years, and they never complained about any hostile organism."
- ―Van Leuwen (from Aliens)
Paul Van Leuwen was the chairman of the Interstellar Commerce Commission tribunal held in 2179 that reviewed the destruction of the USCSS Nostromo 57 years previously. Van Leuwen came to consider Ellen Ripley's judgement in the ship's destruction "questionable" and subsequently suspended her flight status.
Following the tribunal, Van Leuwen casually explained to Ripley that another reason he had rejected her claims was that the colony of Hadley's Hope had been set up on LV-426 for more than twenty years and the people there had never discovered anything like the creature Ripley described.
Hadley's Hope inquiry
In 2180, following the Xenomorph incident at Hadley's Hope, Van Leuwen launched another inquiry into the colony's loss. His work frequently took him to Anchorpoint Station as the investigations proceeded.
- Alien: River of Pain/audio drama
- Alien: The Cold Forge (mentioned only)
- Alien: The Roleplaying Game
- ↑ Van Leuwen's actor (Paul Maxwell) listed himself as being 6ft 0 (182.9 cm) on his resume, so that is also how tall Van Leuwen would have been.
- ↑ James Cameron (writer and director). Aliens (1986), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ Andrew E. C. Gaska. Alien: The Roleplaying Game, p. 235 (2019), Free League Publishing.
- ↑ James Cameron (writer and director). Aliens Special Edition (1991), 20th Century Fox [LaserDisc].