The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,775 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
Alternate Alien Comic
New comic based on Dan O'Bannon's original script for Alien inbound from Dark Horse!
Become the Predator
First Predator: Hunting Grounds trailer and screens released!
The Hunters Return
Sequel to Hunters II announced, teasing returning characters!
New AVP Comic
New AVP comic announced, the first stand-alone series in almost a decade!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
Grid Headbites Celtic in Alien vs. Predator.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- Brett actor Harry Dean Stanton had to pass on the opportunity to play the bartender in Stanley Kubrick's film The Shining — which has been called one of the greatest horror films of all time — due to commitments with Alien — which has also been called one of the greatest horror films of all time.
- In at least one draft of the shooting script for Alien3, Hicks is killed when a Chestburster erupts from him while he is still in stasis aboard the Sulaco.
- Bill Paxton was asked to appear in a cameo in Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem as Ritchie; as he had previously been killed by an Alien (in Aliens) and a Predator (in Predator 2), the Brothers Strause thought it would be a fun coincidence to also have him killed by a Predalien.
- Winona Ryder wanted to use a body double to film her parts in the underwater scene of Alien Resurrection because she suffers from an acute fear of drowning owing to a traumatic near-drowning she endured at the age of 12. While she ultimately agreed to film the scene — largely because director Jean-Pierre Jeunet insisted a body double would be too obvious to audiences — Ryder suffered from anxiety on the first day of filming and some of the sequences had to be reshot numerous times.
- In an interview with Moviefone, Ripley actress Sigourney Weaver said that every time they came to film the death scene for a character in Aliens, she would give the corresponding actor or actress a bouquet of flowers. When it was time for Burke actor Paul Reiser to die, she gave him a handful of dead blossoms.
This just a WIP/placeholder draft, I have plans to expand on this post, I just wanted to get it made so I don't forget to make it in the future.
First…Read more >
I'm at a bit of a crossroads here. let me explain myself, real quick. I'm a worldbuilder who likes to get more technical than most, and while I often…Read more >
This is my personal view on one possible explanation for the Raven.
Disclaimer - obviously the devs of ACM never intended this to be the case but I don…Read more >