The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 5,719 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
Now we got have our Discord https://discord.gg/3hMegG5Smr
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
Grid Headbites Celtic in Alien vs. Predator.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- Predator designer Stan Winston repeatedly credited Aliens director and personal friend James Cameron for coming up with the Predator's distinctive mandibles. According to Winston, Cameron suggested them to him during a flight they were taking together.
- An ice cube tray was used in the construction of the tracking devices seen in Alien. As a reference to this, the motion tracker in Alien: Isolation also includes an ice cube tray as part of its design.
- The MP5A3s seen in Predator are not actually MP5s, but rather civilian-legal semi-automatic-only HK94s, cut down to resemble MP5s and converted to fully-automatic.
- Roughly 70% of the creature effects shots in Alien vs. Predator were created using suits, puppets and miniatures rather than computer-generated imagery (CGI), as director Paul W. S. Anderson wanted the monsters to be "there in the frame". However, CGI tails were added to the Aliens and the Queen as they were difficult to animate using puppetry.
- It took four actors to portray the Alien in Alien — while Bolaji Badejo was the Alien in most scenes, Eddie Powell was the creature when it attacks Brett and Dallas, Roy Scammell performed the stunt of it being ejected from the Narcissus and Percy Edwards provided the creature's vocals. Scammell is the only one of the actors still alive today.
just got back from my holiday, so i might be around a bit more just probably not as much as i used to