The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 5,324 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
Now we got have our Discord https://discord.gg/TZa9kd5E
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
David Palumbo's artwork for the Fire and Stone crossover.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- Several elements in the film Prometheus were actually recycled from concepts rejected for Alien in 1979. These include the head-up displays inside the ground team's helmet visors and the sequence where the crew recovers an Engineer head and returns it to the ship for study (originally to involve the Pilot's head). The design of the Prometheus' bridge is also very similar to an early design proposed for the bridge of the Nostromo, which was discarded because it would have been too expensive to build at the time.
- In at least one draft of the shooting script for Alien3, Hicks is killed when a Chestburster erupts from him while he is still in stasis aboard the Sulaco.
- During the scene in Aliens where the Colonial Marines land and deploy in the APC, Sergeant Apone tells the Marines they have 10 seconds until they arrive. If you count from Apone's line until the first Marine jumps out of the carrier and his boots hit the ground, it really is 10 seconds.
- Roughly 70% of the creature effects shots in Alien vs. Predator were created using suits, puppets and miniatures rather than computer-generated imagery (CGI), as director Paul W. S. Anderson wanted the monsters to be "there in the frame". However, CGI tails were added to the Aliens and the Queen as they were difficult to animate using puppetry.
- In the Alien films, the synthetic characters' names follow an alphabetical pattern — Ash in Alien, Bishop in Aliens and Alien3, Call in Alien Resurrection and David in Prometheus (A-B-C-D). This tradition was continued in the Fire and Stone comic book event, which featured the synthetic Elden, but was later broken with the introduction of Walter in Alien: Covenant, whose name instead served as a reference to producer Walter Hill.
Hi all. I would like to know everyone's take on my opinion regarding character templates. Upon comparing the generic character template and Pred temp…
It has been a very long time since I have had a chance to write let alone breathe. Between working full time and running 2 businesses and being a mum…
SPECIAL ORDER TEST 223-11
>Hello there , and welcome to this stupid blog post with no purpose. (you are cool by the way)