The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Xenopedia mourns the passing of Charles Lippincott, editor of Alien: The Illustrated Story and marketing consultant on the film Alien, at the age of 80.
Aside from his work in the Alien franchise, he is perhaps best remembered as head of merchandizing for the original Star Wars film, thereby giving birth to the modern concept of movie merchandizing.
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,959 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
Alternate Alien Comic
New comic based on Dan O'Bannon's original script for Alien inbound from Dark Horse!
Become the Predator
First Predator: Hunting Grounds trailer and screens released!
The Hunters Return
Sequel to Hunters II announced, teasing returning characters!
New AVP Comic
New AVP comic announced, the first stand-alone series in almost a decade!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
Grid Headbites Celtic in Alien vs. Predator.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- Alien co-writers David Giler and Walter Hill considered having the Nostromo crew summon Genghis Khan and Jack the Ripper to fight the Alien.
- Corporal Hicks was originally portrayed by actor James Remar in Aliens. However, Remar was caught in possession of illegal substances and was consequently fired from the production after two weeks of filming. The part was recast with Michael Biehn. Despite the recasting, Remar actually appears as Hicks in the finished version of the film (with his back to the camera) — in the wide shot where the Colonial Marines first encounter the Hive.
- Blain's M134 Minigun used in Predator was later modified and reused in Terminator 2: Judgement Day, which was directed by Aliens director and writer James Cameron and starred Predator lead Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- The Phased Plasma Pulse Rifle, SHARP Rifle and Electroshock Grenade available as pre-order bonuses or DLC for Aliens: Colonial Marines are based on boasts made by Private Hudson in the Special Edition of Aliens.
- The ship names Nostromo, Narcissus, Sulaco, Patna, Corazon Oscuro, Verloc, Marlow, Fidanza, Sephora, Torrens and Europa are all references to the work or life of author Joseph Conrad.
Hello fellow Editors,
There is a Youtuber by the name of AcidGlow who has been stealing AVP Wikia's content for some time now, as well as content from…Read more >
Will the sequel to Covenant ever be be madeRead more >
I've been wanting to do some reviews of material in the franchise for a while and with how much research I've been doing into this series of comics, …Read more >