The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,421 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
New USCM Comic
New comic series featuring the Colonial Marines announced!
Isolation on Nintendo
Nintendo Switch port of Alien: Isolation revealed!
Alien III Audio Drama
Audible announce audio drama adaptation of William Gibson's unmade script!
Alien Short Films
Alien celebrates its 40th anniversary with six fan-made short films!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
Jean-Claude Van Damme, the original actor who played the Jungle Hunter, on set with Carl Weathers.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- Originally, in Alien, there was supposed to be an eighth member of the crew of the Nostromo, a security officer called E. R. Fazio. He was scripted to be killed by the fully grown Alien not long after Kane's death while searching through the ship. However, the character was cut from the film early in production.
- When Alien3 was novelized by Alan Dean Foster, author of the novelizations Alien and Aliens, he originally planned to have Newt survive, as he disliked that she was killed in the film. However, studio executives told him he had to remain true to the original script. He changed his novel, but was so upset by the situation that he later refused an offer to write the novelization of Alien Resurrection, which was eventually written by the late A. C. Crispin.
- While Corporal Dietrich is the first Marine to go down in Aliens, ironically in James Cameron's original treatment for the film she survived for most of the story.
- In Alien, the blue laser lights in the derelict ship's Egg chamber were borrowed from The Who; the band was testing out the lasers for their stage show in the soundstage next door.
- Los Angeles did not actually have a subway network at the time Predator 2 was made (1990), but did by the year the film was set (1997) — the first underground metro line in the city, the Red Line, opened in January 1993.
I’m pretty curious as to why Private Crowe and Private Wierzbowski seem to have much less screen time and dialogue than other Marines, it’s obvious t…Read more >
I'm a little late with this, but a few weeks ago we got a series of six short films to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original , created by fa…Read more >
So back in my 8th grade year in middle school, I use to draw a series of comics that didn't really have any plot to them, they were basically comic r…Read more >