The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Xenopedia mourns the passing of Terry Rawlings, editor on both Alien and Alien3.
For his work editing Alien (in collaboration with Peter Weatherley), he won the award for Best Editing at the 1980 BAFTA awards ceremony.
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,397 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
Alien III Audio Drama
Audible announce audio drama adaptation of William Gibson's unmade script!
Alien Short Films
Alien celebrates its 40th anniversary with six fan-made short films!
Disney Buys Fox
Disney completes its takeover of 20th Century Fox!
Amanda Ripley's story continues in new comic series!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
Jean-Claude Van Damme, the original actor who played the Jungle Hunter, on set with Carl Weathers.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- A flamethrower is used by Ripley in every film in the Alien franchise with the exception of Alien3, although fire is still used against the Xenomorph in that film.
- Contrary to popular belief, Michael Biehn did not have a problem with Corporal Hicks dying in Alien3, but he did strongly object to the way it was done at the very opening of the film. The actor has since proposed that his character should have initially appeared alongside Ripley in the movie so that their relationship could be further developed, before he was killed later in the film.
- Jim and John Thomas were inspired to write Predator by a joke going around Hollywood following the release of Rocky IV in 1985 — as Rocky Balboa had defeated all earthly opponents, he would have to fight an alien if a fifth installment of his boxing series were ever to be made.
- The Phased Plasma Pulse Rifle, SHARP Rifle and Electroshock Grenade available as pre-order bonuses or DLC for Aliens: Colonial Marines are based on boasts made by Private Hudson in the Special Edition of Aliens.
- In the Alien films, the synthetic characters' names follow an alphabetical pattern — Ash in Alien, Bishop in Aliens and Alien3, Call in Alien Resurrection and David in Prometheus (A-B-C-D). This tradition was continued in the Fire and Stone comic book event, which featured the synthetic Elden, but was later broken with the introduction of Walter in Alien: Covenant, whose name instead served as a reference to producer Walter Hill.
So back in my 8th grade year in middle school, I use to draw a series of comics that didn't really have any plot to them, they were basically comic r…Read more >
First debuted in the third Predator film in 2010, the Super Predators now have a larger backstory, thanks to the various NECA figures and some Expand…Read more >
Hello, New member here.
I'm Samhain13, joined to add more info to this wiki, mainly plot summaries on EU material that are empty, sorry for writing mi…Read more >