- "Mid-ranged 10mm assault rifle with an electronic pulse action; the MK2 has a lower ammo capacity than previous models, but offers significantly increased stopping power."
- ―M41A Pulse Rifle MK2 description (from Aliens: Colonial Marines)
The Armat M41A Pulse Rifle MK2 is an American-made pulse-action assault rifle chambered for 10×24mm Caseless ammunition. It is the successor to the venerable M41A Pulse Rifle, and was employed by the United States Colonial Marine Corps as their standard-issue infantry weapon during the late 22nd century. The Colonial Marines of the USS Sephora were notably armed with M41A MK2s.
The M41A Pulse Rifle MK2 first appeared in Aliens: Colonial Marines and was one of the several new weapons created for the game.
The MK2 sacrifices magazine size for a smaller frame. It also features greatly increased modular customization options over the previous M41A, able to mount various optics and several under-barrel attachments.
The M41A MK2 also has accessory rails with one located on the top of the carrying handle in between the sights and another located on the front of the left-hand side of the carrying handle.
The M41A MK2 also has a retractable stock which can also be completely removed.
- U1 Grenade Launcher: Underslung grenade launcher attachment; fires gas-propelled fragmentation projectiles consisting of composition B15 and metal fragments.
- U7 Tac-Shotgun: "Under-barrel mounted, medium-capacity, twelve Gauge shotgun; offers a close range alternate fire option to a primarily mid-ranged weapon." (unlocked at rank 5)
- U4 Firebomb Launcher: "Under-barrel mounted firebomb launcher; fires gas propelled, Napalm B-based accelerants creating chemical fires that reach temperatures of 1200 degrees Celsius." (unlocked at rank 13)
- M5 Extended Magazine: "Large capacity metal alloy rifle magazine; lightweight composition allow each magazine to hold more ammunition without adding significant weight. +20 clip size." (unlocked at rank 3)
- A9 Sound Suppressor: "Cylindrical barrel-mounted sound suppressor; Reduces speed of propellant gasses, resulting in an overall reduction of volume for each shot fired. +1 accuracy, -1 firepower." (unlocked at rank 7)
- S6 Reflex Sight: "Zero magnification holographic reflex sight; replaces iron sight with a consistently placed red dot, allowing for more efficient target acquisition. +2 accuracy." (unlocked at rank 2)
- Laser Targeting System: "Side-mounted red LED targeting laser; emits a laser targeting reticule, indicating the epicenter of buckshot dispersal. +2 accuracy." (unlocked at rank 2)
- Stock M41A: Military-issue M41A paint job.
- Old Glory: Custom paint job consisting of an American flag pattern detailed on the sides of the rifle. (awarded for the Judge, Jury, and Executioner challenge)
- Five Alarm: Custom paint job consisting of a flame pattern on the sides of the rifle. (awarded for the Feel The Burn challenge)
- Red Reaper: Custom paint job consisting of red accents alongside skull and sickle decals (awarded for completing the Two for One challenge).
- Standard Fire: Standard M41A automatic fire mode.
- Magazine Accelerator: "Motorized ammo feed mechanism improves the rate at which ammunition enters the firing chamber, allowing for dramatically increased rate of fire. +2 rate of fire." (unlocked at rank 24)
- There is a glitch in Aliens: Colonial Marines where sometimes the M41A MK2's under-barrel attachment will disappear and the player will hold the rifle as if the under-barrel attachment is still present.
- The third-person model of the MK2 actually has a working ammo counter and the cocking handle reciprocates when the weapon is fired.
- When equipped with the Red Reaper skin, the M41A MK2's sights will change from the standard green to red.