- "Please don't be alarmed and please don't use the term "artificial person". I prefer to be called what I am — an android."
- ―Katya (from Aliens vs. Predator)
Katya was a Line No. WY-763-00-02 synthetic employee of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation and the colonial administrator in charge of the Freya's Prospect colony on BG-386. She was the person who sent a distress signal to the United States Colonial Marine Corps following a major Xenomorph outbreak at the research facility on the planet. She was one of only three people known to have survived the incident, the others being Rookie and Corporal Tequila.
- "Mayday! Mayday! BG-386 Freya's Prospect broadcasting. This is Administrator Katya of the Weyland-Yutani research lab. We have a Class 4 Xenomorph infestation. Repeat, Xenomorph infestation. This is BG-386 requesting immediate military intervention!"
- ―Katya, sending a distress call to the USCM (from Aliens vs. Predator)
Following this, Katya and Rookie finally met face-to-face, with Katya informing him that Weyland's datapad and the personal shuttle it could summon was their only remaining means of escaping the planet. After Rookie retrieved this item, she escaped with him and the frozen Tequila aboard Weyland's shuttle.
Personality and Traits
Katya was one of the latest models in Weyland-Yutani's civilian line, featuring enhanced empathic and morality processing. Unlike some synthetics, Katya had no issue with being called an android and fully embraced her status as a machine. Also, unlike the majority of Weyland-Yutani employees and synthetics — both on BG-386 and elsewhere — Katya had little or no interest in the company's reckless pursuit of Xenomorph specimens and instead showed far more concern for preserving human life. This trait brought her into direct conflict with her superior Karl Bishop Weyland, particularly when she contacted the USCM against his orders following the disastrous Xenomorph outbreak at the research facility.
- Katya can be seen and heard in the level "Labs" of the game's Alien campaign; she is in a laboratory above the corridor being protected by a sentry gun, contacting the Colonial Marines for assistance.
- Despite being a synthetic, her aura is green (human) in this appearance.
- Katya's stance regarding her preference for being called an android is a reference to Aliens and the character Bishop, and specifically how Bishop — unlike Katya — prefers to be identified as an "artificial person" rather than android.
- Aliens vs. Predator (video game)