|"Seems [Mother] has intercepted a transmission of unknown origin."
Hyperdyne Systems[a 1] (or Hyperdine Systems) was a corporation manufacturing synthetics that pioneered the development of Synthetic technology in the 22nd century. Their products included the 341-B model of androids (designed by Michael Bishop) and 120-A/2, one of which, named Ash, was placed aboard the USCSS Nostromo in 2122 as a synthetic sleeper agent.
Behinds the scenes
The company's name, first mentioned in Aliens, is something of an inside joke referencing Cyberdyne Systems, the company responsible for creating the Terminator cyborgs and the Skynet artificial intelligence system in the Terminator franchise, the first 2 films of which were directed and partially written by Aliens director James Cameron. In fact, the company's name, which first appeared in the February 26, 1985 first draft of the film's script, was originally "Cyberdyne Systems", but it had been changed to Hyperdyne by the September 23, 1985 final draft.
- Aliens/novel (mentioned only)
- Aliens Adventure Game (indirect mention)
- Aliens: Earth Hive (mentioned only)
- Aliens: Desert Storm (mentioned only)
- William Gibson's Alien 3
- ↑ "Hyperdyne Systems" is the correct spelling according to to the September 23, 1985 final draft of the film's script.