A combat knife is a specialized knife designed for mêlée combat purposes. Although a limited combat weapon, the knife was nonetheless valuable when fighting Yautja, and could be used to cut through the net fired by a Yautja Netgun.
- In Aliens, Bishop uses a combat knife (a Gerber Mark II) when playing the knife game with Private Hudson. He later carries one when Vasquez hands it to him on his way down the ventilation duct. Apone is briefly seen holding one during the ambush in the hive, while the rest of the squad keep theirs holstered throughout the film.
- In Predator, the members of Dutch's team carry assorted combat blades, most notably Dutch himself, who uses his machete to pin a guerrilla to a pole during the assault on the rebel camp, and Billy, who attempts to face the Jungle Hunter armed only with his large combat knife.
- In Aliens: Rogue, Private Choi kills Bergren with a well-thrown combat knife to the chest, before making a futile last stand against a group of Xenomorphs with two knives drawn.
- In Aliens versus Predator 2, the combat knife is standard issue equipment for all Colonial Marines. It is mostly only suited to cutting away debris, but is also useful for silent kills against human opponents, against Chestbursters, and can be used to cut through the net fired by a Yautja Netgun.
- In Predators, Royce carries a large machete which he uses to slash off a Hell-Hound's head when the group is first attacked.
- In Alien: Covenant, members of Lopé's security team are armed with combat knives. Notably, Private Cole uses his to cut a Facehugger from Lopé's face, the resulting acid spray injuring Lopé and presumably destroying the blade.
- The machete used by Billy in Predator is known as the "Life Support System Knife".
- The combat knife in Aliens versus Predator 2 seems to be a cross between a military bayonet and survival knife, due to the bayonet ring and serrated edge.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Aliens versus Predator 2 Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- ↑ https://www.google.com/patents/USD302839?dq=D302839&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi4t9iovuXOAhUlLsAKHQWkBrIQ6AEIHDAA
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.