|"AVAILABLE DATA INSUFFICIENT"
Private Bella "Bell" Clarison was a member of the United States Colonial Marine Corps. She was part of a search and rescue mission sent to Acheron (LV-426) aboard the USS Sephora in 2179 to investigate the disappearance of the USS Sulaco and its crew 17 weeks earlier.
Clarison and the other Marines from the Sephora discovered Weyland-Yutani were undertaking extensive research of the Xenomorph species on LV-426, and became the targets of private military contractors hired by Weyland-Yutani to protect that research. The Sephora was ultimately destroyed in orbit and Clarison and the other survivors were forced to take refuge inside the ruins of the Hadley's Hope colony on LV-426.
- "We had a sex thing."
- ―O'Neal, regarding his relationship with Bella
Bella was born in Waterloo, Iowa and soon enlisted to the USCM. She was inducted into the 2nd Marine Support Group and was selected by Space Command for Colonial Marines front line detail out of O'Neill Station, L-4 Earth-Lunar Station. She is currently waiting for her second tour orders. She is a strong gunner, an expert in firepower and can handle extreme conditions well. The USCM have recommended her for Marine Recon or First Responder Team. At some point she had a sexual relationship with Peter O'Neal.
Investigating the USS Sulaco
- "O'Neal. I'm fine. Quit being such a little bitch."
- ―Bella to O'Neal
Bella was stationed aboard the USS Sephora in 2179. Bella and the rest of the Sephora crew were sent to investigate the disappearance of the USS Sulaco. She was part of Rhino 2-3 with one of her squadmates being Keyes. During her mission on the USS Sulaco she is impregnated by a Facehugger before being found by Corporal Christopher Winter and Private O'Neal.
Eventually they get her to an operating table and try to force a physician to remove the parasite, but an interrogated physician informed them that the infection cannot be treated since extracting Xenomorph will also kill the host anyway. When their time was up, Bella was killed by the emerging Chestburster, O'Neal then shot the infant Xenomorph with his sidearm and mourned Bella's death.
O'Neal took her death hard and a cold and ruthless streak to Weyland-Yutani personnel on Acheron. He also lost respect from Captain Cruz's deception on the mission to save Bella, knowing it was a lost cause. Winter, along with O'Neal were able rescue the captive Marine Corporal Dwayne Hicks. O'Neal was more than willing to take vengeance on Weyland-Yutani employee Michael Weyland in Bella's memory.
Personality and Traits
Like many Marines, Bella had a boisterous personality. Bella also shrugged off O'Neal's concern for her when she talked about the parasite that attacked her. As it became clear that she was doomed to her fate; Bella had O'Neal swear that he would rescue the captive Marine held by Weyland-Yutani, regardless what happened to her. She also asked O'Neal to end her should she run out of time to remove the parasite.
Bella, like many Marines, used the M3 Pattern Personal Armor chest piece for protection. She went with out the pauldrons and extra plating on her mission. The chest piece was outfitted with a TNR Shoulder Lamp for illumination. She also used a M41A Pulse Rifle MK2 as her main weapon on the Sulaco and Acheron.
- The name "Bella" is written across the top of her chest armor, yet this is incorrect, as military doctrine is to identify soldiers by their surname — her armor should have "Clarison" stamped on it. She also wears large, looped earrings, which is something combat personnel would never do whilst on an operation.
- Bella Clarison might have some passing familiarity with the syncretic religions of South America, namely Vodun or "Voodoo" as it is known colloquially. Her armored vest sports a Veve (a sigil or beacon), for a Loa, a spirit-servant of God. Given the propensity of Colonial Marines to have armour art that leans towards the macabre, the Veve is most likely that of Maman Brigitte, consort of the death-god Baron Samedi. The tridents in an "hourglass" shape in this particular Veve represent not only death, but feminine allure and guile. This, coupled with her Fleur-de-Lis tattoo on her shoulder (a popular Haitian symbol as a former French colony) and the small ornamental skull choker she sports contribute to the overall "Voodoo Priestess" look and feel. Ironically, she does "carry a malevolent spirit of death" in the game in the shape of the Xenomorph embryo she was impregnated with, which is a central theme of many aspects of Vodun: practitioners regularly allow spirits to "possess" them so that the spirit may give them strength and act on their behalf; But the creature kills Clarison instead.
- On her dossier image it gives her age as 27, but, based on her date of birth (December 26, 2153), Bella would turn 27 on December 26, 2180, over one year after her death.
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (video game)