|"Is that damage?"|
"It looks like damage."
Corporal B. Jackson was a mercenary and former military operative who was hired by Weyland Corp to act as security officer aboard the USCSS Prometheus during its expedition to LV-223 in 2093. As such, he was in charge of the security detail aboard the vessel.
Jackson was hired by the Weyland Corporation to provide security aboard the USCSS Prometheus during its voyage to the distant moon LV-223. After spending two years in hypersleep, Jackson along with the other crew members were awaken. As the Prometheus nearly arrives on LV-223, Vickers, Shaw and Holloway briefed the crew on their mission to find the Engineers.
As the team prepared to explore the planetoid's surface, Jackson armed himself with a flamethrower, but was ordered to not do so by Elizabeth Shaw under the rationale of it being a research mission only, to which he begrudgingly complies. After the Prometheus crew's first expedition to the Engineer temple, he helped David retrieve Holloway and Shaw after they are trapped by the Silica storm outside the Prometheus. He stood by one of the ship's airlocks helping Holloway and Shaw board the vessel when David finally rescues them.
Fight with Fifield
Jackson along with fellow mercenaries Furdik, Sheppard and Taplow later attempted to kill Fifield who had been mutated by the black liquid and was running rampant at their ship's hangar bay by firing at him multiple times, but this only aggravated him and, though his 3 colleagues were killed, Jackson managed to avoid suffering a similar fate. Fifield was eventually put down after the slaughter.
He later returns to help escort Peter Weyland and his team to meet the Last Engineer within the temple. As Shaw tried to warn Weyland about the Engineer, Weyland ordered Jackson to silence her, which he did by striking her with the weapon's folding stock.
However, Shaw's warnings were soon proven to be correct when the Engineer grabbed synthetic David in a choke hold and decapitated him, before bludgeoning Weyland's skull with the severed head. Following this, Kate Ford froze in terror and was also slain by the Engineer.
Jackson, now the last man standing, fired his shotgun at the Engineer. However, its body armour absorbed the rounds, and Jackson was subsequently punched by the Engineer, dropping him to the floor. The Engineer then picked him up off the ground and threw him against a pillar, snapping his spine and killing him almost instantly.
Personality and traits
- Jackson is one of three mercenaries (the others being Furdik and Sheppard) involved in a notable continuity mistake surrounding the attack on the Prometheus by the mutated Fifield. Jackson survives the assault and is seen leaving the Prometheus in a transport with Sheppard, yet he reappears in the room with Weyland when Shaw stumbles in. He even helps Shaw into a seat. The mistake occurs because the Fifield attack sequence originally took place later in the movie, when Weyland goes to see the Last Engineer, but the scene was moved earlier in the finished film.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 47 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ Jackson's actor's (Branwell Donaghey) height is 6ft 1 (185 cm), so that is also how tall Jackson would have been.
- ↑ Jon Spaihts, Damon Lindelof (writers), Ridley Scott (director). Prometheus (2012), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 46 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ "Weyland-Yutani Archives - Prometheus: The Lesser Known Deleted and Alternate Scenes". Retrieved on 2013-11-21.