Arthur Walkingstick was an inmate at the Fiorina "Fury" 161 Class C Work Correctional Unit, one of several who stayed behind after the facility was officially closed down by Weyland-Yutani. He was involved in battling a lone Xenomorph that was born in the prison in 2179.
While he is killed in the explosion and fire that claims several prisoners in the theatrical version of the film, in the Special Edition he is killed by the deranged inmate Walter Golic when the latter frees the Xenomorph from the nuclear waste dump in which it is trapped.
During the plan to capture the Dragon by spreading Quinitricetyline in an attempt to burn the creature out of the prison's ventilation shafts, Arthur and fellow prisoner Troy collected batteries for powering the flashlights.
After collecting enough batteries, Arthur moved on to spreading the quinitricetyline with the others. Meanwhile, the detonator's handler Frank was ambushed and torn apart by the Xenomorph. Overhearing the struggle from below, Arthur looked up. At that moment, Frank's device fell to the floor and detonated. Arthur was one of the first to perish in the ensuing chain reaction, being incinerated alive by the fire.
In the Special Edition, Arthur was placed on guard outside the nuclear waste tank in which the Dragon was trapped. When Golic arrived, intent on speaking with the creature, Arthur refused him entry, stating that "the big motherfucker will eat you alive". Nonetheless, Golic withdrew a shiv and brutally slit Arthur's throat in response. As his insane attacker apologized profusely, Arthur staggered to his knees whilst clutching his grisly injury in agony, before finally collapsing to the floor where he bled to death.
His body was later found by the others when they learned that Golic had freed the Xenomorph.
- Arthur is one of the few inmates on Fiorina 161 who are not British — judging by his accent, he is of African descent.
- Arthur is also the only character in Alien3 to be killed by another prisoner, Golic, although this only occurs in the extended Special Edition of the film.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 135 (2014), Insight Editions.
- ↑ Arthur's actor's (Deobia Oparei) height is 6ft 5 (195.6 cm), so that is also how tall Arthur would have been.
- ↑ Vincent Ward (writer), David Fincher (director). Alien3 Special Edition (2003), 20th Century Fox [DVD].
- ↑ S. D. Perry. Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, p. 136 (2014), Insight Editions.