Aliens vs. Predator: Annual #1 is a special double-sized one-shot comic book that was first published by Dark Horse Comics in July 1999. It featured five new Aliens vs. Predator comic short stories by various writers and artists. The issue was edited by Philip Amara, with cover art by Jae Lee.
When Aliens vs. Predator first appeared, it shattered sales records. Now, the magic is back with this super-sized special, featuring five stories written and drawn by some of the best Aliens and Predator artists! For the first time, the top AvP drawing talent has the opportunity to tell their stories, their way. This Annual also features pinups by surprise guest artists. Don't miss out on this ultimate showdown!
- Aliens vs. Predator: Hell-Bent
- Aliens vs. Predator: Pursuit
- Aliens vs. Predator: Lefty's Revenge
- Aliens vs. Predator: Chained to Life and Death
- Aliens vs. Predator: Old Secrets
Three of the the stories from Aliens vs. Predator: Annual #1 — Hell-Bent, Lefty's Revenge and Chained to Life and Death — as well as an adapted version its cover, were first reprinted in the limited-release promotional comic Alien vs. Predator: Whoever Wins...We Lose in 2005, included with copies of the Alien vs. Predator Unrated Edition DVD sold at Best Buy outlets.
In 2007, Old Secrets was collected as part of Aliens vs. Predator Omnibus: Volume 1, released in in June of that year, while the rest of the stories were collected as part of Aliens vs. Predator Omnibus: Volume 2 in October.
- Aliens vs. Predator: Annual #1 introduced a new logo for the Aliens vs. Predator comics line, consisting of a brightly-colored, stylized "AVP". This logo would last only a few comics before the line switched to using the simpler AVP logo first developed for the film Alien vs. Predator, which they have retained since.
- Despite the comic's title ("Annual #1") there have yet to be any further Aliens vs. Predator annuals released by Dark horse.