- 1 Overview
- 2 Downloadable Content
- 3 Gallery
- 4 References
A season pass granting access to four packs of downloadable content for Aliens: Colonial Marines, including additional campaign content, new multiplayer maps, more character customization options, extra character skins and new gameplay modes, was released through Steam, PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. The DLC packs became available between March 2013 and August of the same year.
The first DLC pack, Bug Hunt, became available for download in March 19, 2013. It features three new multiplayer maps called "Broadside", "Mercenary" and "Tribute" that are based on locations seen in the film Aliens, as well as a new cooperative multiplayer mode in which a squad of Colonial Marine players faces increasingly difficult waves of Xenomorph and Weyland-Yutani PMC enemies.
The second DLC pack, the Reconnaissance Pack, became available for download on May 7, 2013. It features 3 new Team Deathmatch/Extermination maps called "Grief", "Shipwreck" and "Autopsy", which are based on locations seen in the singleplayer campaign of the game, a new Survivor map called "Off the Grid", located around the iconic derelict ship outside the Weyland-Yutani Origin Facility, as well as new skins, fatalities and heads for each Xenomorph class for additional character customisation.
Movie Map Pack
The third DLC pack, the Movie Map Pack, became available for download on June 11, 2013. As its name suggests, it includes several new multiplayer maps based on locations from the Alien film franchise. These include a new Survivor map called "Nostromo", where Marines defend themselves against Xenomorphs inside the iconic USCSS Nostromo from Alien, a new Escape map called "Exodus" that is situated on the doomed USS Sulaco spacecraft from Aliens, and two new Team Deathmatch and Extermination maps that feature locations from Aliens and Alien3: "Fury 161" takes place in the run-down Fiorina 161 prison facility as seen in Alien3, while "Processor" is set in the heart of the Hive from the Atmosphere Processing Plant in Aliens.
- Main article: Stasis Interrupted
The fourth and final DLC pack was released in July 23, 2013. It features a brand new single-player campaign called Stasis Interrupted and tells the story of what exactly happened to Corporal Hicks during the 17 week gap between the film Aliens and the beginning of the main game. It was developed as a collaboration between Gearbox Software and Darkside Game Studios. The campaign add-on also adds several new trophies/achievements for players to unlock, which were initially revealed via the trophy list for the PlayStation 3 version of the game. Players cannot use weapons from other downloadable content, as they are restricted to the weapons that the level has set up.
Several pre-order bonuses included with certain editions of the game were later released as downloadable content for everyone to purchase.
Limited Edition Pack
Includes the bonus materials previously exclusive to the Limited Edition of the game. Adds Ripley's Flamethrower as a new weapon, multiplayer skins for Apone, Hicks, Hudson and Drake and more customization options for Marines in multiplayer.
Collector's Edition Pack
Includes the bonus materials previously exclusive to the Collector's Edition of the game. Adds two weapons — the XM99A Phased Plasma Pulse Rifle and the G2 Electroshock Grenade — as well as the US Colonial Marines Academy Firing Range level, where player can test their skills in shooting any of the weapons they have unlocked in singleplayer. Notably, the DLC does not include the items from the Limited Edition Pack, even though they were also included with the Collector's Edition of the game.
- "Download this pack now to unlock the SHARP Sticks weapon. As referenced by Hudson in Aliens™, the prototype sonic-harpoon artillery remote projectile (S.H.A.R.P.) rifle fires time-delayed, explosive-tipped darts that embed themselves into enemies or terrain."
- ―SHARP Sticks description (from Aliens: Colonial Marines - Downloadable Content)
Adds a new weapon, the P9 Sonic Harpoon Artillery Remote Projectile Rifle.
Sawed-Off Double Barrel Shotgun
- "Download this pack now to unlock the Sawed-off Double Barrelled Shotgun. Use this shotgun to take down enemies with a blast from the past."
- ―Sawed-off Double Barrel Shotgun description (from Aliens: Colonial Marines - Downloadable Content)
Adds a new weapon, the Sawed-off double barrel shotgun.
Monster Energy Customization
- "Download this pack now to unlock the exclusive Monster customization pack."
- ―Monster Customization description (from Aliens: Colonial Marines - Downloadable Content)
Adds Monster Energy-themed armor pieces for Marine characters in multiplayer.
Xbox 360 Avatar items
In addition to the game content, several Xbox Live Avatar items were created to promote the game, available for a limited time only. These included props of the Alien Queen, a Facehugger and Eggs, a Chestburster, an Alien Solider, and a Marine motion tracker, as well as various Aliens-themed T-shirts and other clothing items for the player's avatar.
- Ivan, Tom (February 11, 2013). "Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC, Season Pass Detailed". Games Radar. Games Radar. Retrieved on February 27, 2013.
- Faylor, Chris (February 08, 2013). "Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC and Season Pass Bundle". Gearbox Community News. Gearbox Software. Retrieved on March 06, 2013.
- Blackburn, Sarah (February 09, 2013). "Aliens: Colonial Marines Bug Hunt DLC set for March". Video Games Uncovered. Video Games Uncovered. Retrieved on February 27, 2013.