|"Is that damage?"|
"It looks like damage."
Alien vs. Predator is a 1994 side-scrolling fighting arcade game developed and published by Capcom and released on the CPS-2 arcade hardware. The default cabinet for the game allowed for up to three players to play simultaneously, although some smaller cabinets only allowing two-player play were used.
This game has never been "officially" ported to any home consoles or any other systems as of today, by Capcom nor Fox Interactive, and it remains exclusively an arcade game in genuine form. A port for the Sega 32X was announced for a 1995 release, but it was never published.
San Drad, California has been overrun by Xenomorphs. Two soldiers were caught in the town during the initial alien outbreak and were abandoned by the rest of their team as well as their superiors, and are cornered by a swarm of Xenomorph Drones. Before they can be killed, two Yautjas appear and destroy the Xenomorphs, saving the soldiers. The Predators offer an alliance with the humans, in order to stop the Xenomorph infestation. Eventually, it is discovered that the Alien presence on Earth (and the subsequent swarm that overran San Drad) was the result of an experiment headed by a United States Colonial Marine Corps general known as Bush in conjunction with the Weyland-Yutani Corporation.
In the end, the Alien Hive on Earth is destroyed by a military ship set on a course that causes it to crash into San Drad, destroying the Alien threat along with a good portion of the western US, if the explosion in the ending credits is to scale. The story ends with the veteran Predator (Predator Warrior) breaking off his Wristblade and giving the piece to Linn and Dutch. When asked why the Predators helped, they jokingly light their Plasmacaster sights at them with the leader saying, "They'll know," before departing into space, indicating their hunting season is over... for now.
- Lieutenant Linn Kurosawa: A very powerful cyborg with super-human fighting skills who is the leader of the 13th USCM Corps, equipped with a pistol and a katana she is the only survivor of the San Drad Xenomorph infestation alongside Dutch Schaefer.
- Major Dutch Schaefer: A cyborg created to fight extra-terrestrials. He lost his arm in the 2nd Alien War and has since had it replaced with a smartgun rig. He lives only to avenge himself against the aliens.
- Predator Warrior: A Blooded Predator.
- Predator Hunter: A Young Blood Predator.
- Mad Predator: A Predator infectoid who is the secondary antagonist.
- San Drad Queen: The main antagonist. She allowed the Aliens to grow on Earth.
- General Bush: A Colonial Marine general working for the Weyland-Yutani corporation. He has the ambition to control the Xenomorph race so he can turn them into bio-weapons.
- Kevin: A Colonial Marine who is a friend of Dutch, he was injured by the Razor Claws.
- Infectoid (Mad Predator)
- Predalien Chestburster
- Razor Claws
- The original Alien vs. Predator arcade was one of the first video games to combine elements from two separate, non-related film franchises into a single game, following 1991's RoboCop Versus The Terminator.
- Lt. Kurosawa has gone on to make several cameo appearances in some later Capcom games; in Ken's level in Street Fighter Alpha 2, Ryu's level in Street Fighter III and in Namco x Capcom where the shopkeeper from Forgotten Worlds, Sylphie, becomes Linn Kurosawa during her super move.
- In mid-2017 NECA released three figures of the Arachnoid, Chrysalis and Razor Claws aliens that were featured in the game.
- "Capcom Beat-em-ups". Hardcore Gaming 101. Retrieved on 2013-08-08.