The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,460 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
New Alien Novel
Scoot Sigler reveals new Alien novel from Titan Books!
New USCM Comic
New comic series featuring the Colonial Marines announced!
Isolation on Nintendo
Nintendo Switch port of Alien: Isolation revealed!
Alien Short Films
Alien celebrates its 40th anniversary with six fan-made short films!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
Jean-Claude Van Damme, the original actor who played the Jungle Hunter, on set with Carl Weathers.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- While the Alien does not have eyes in Alien, it does have human eyesockets in its skull under its domed carapace. While they are difficult to discern in the movie, they are quite visible in production stills of the creature.
- Peter Keyes' name is a reference to the character "Keys" from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. Both characters are antagonistic government agents in pursuit of an alien lifeform for study.
- Bill Paxton was asked to appear in a cameo in Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem as Ritchie; as he had previously been killed by an Alien (in Aliens) and a Predator (in Predator 2), the Brothers Strause thought it would be a fun coincidence to also have him killed by a Predalien.
- Roughly 70% of the creature effects shots in Alien vs. Predator were created using suits, puppets and miniatures rather than computer-generated imagery (CGI), as director Paul W. S. Anderson wanted the monsters to be "there in the frame". However, CGI tails were added to the Aliens and the Queen as they were difficult to animate using puppetry.
- Despite being set in Gunnison, Colorado, United States, Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem was filmed in the province of British Columbia, Canada. As a result, the climate and vegetation of the town depicted in the film is inaccurate to real-life Gunnison's, which does not support the growth of ferns or any of the other lush vegetation seen in the film.
Recently I have started to transcribe data from the Leading Edge Aliens RPG game with fellow contributor Daniel Cooper. We will continue to add this …Read more >
I’m pretty curious as to why Private Crowe and Private Wierzbowski seem to have much less screen time and dialogue than other Marines, it’s obvious t…Read more >
I'm a little late with this, but a few weeks ago we got a series of six short films to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original , created by fa…Read more >