The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Xenopedia mourns the passing of Syd Mead, one of the conceptual artists who designed Aliens, at the age of 86.
As well as the iconic USS Sulaco, he will forever be remembered as the man behind the visionary cityscapes of Blade Runner.
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,705 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
Alternate Alien Comic
New comic based on Dan O'Bannon's original script for Alien inbound from Dark Horse!
Become the Predator
First Predator: Hunting Grounds trailer and screens released!
The Hunters Return
Sequel to Hunters II announced, teasing returning characters!
New AVP Comic
New AVP comic announced, the first stand-alone series in almost a decade!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
Jean-Claude Van Damme, the original actor who played the Jungle Hunter, on set with Carl Weathers.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- In Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, a bus is seen bearing the destination Crested Butte; James Cameron's wife Suzy Amis owns a cabin in Crested Butte, and the pair frequently holiday in the town.
- An ice cube tray was used in the construction of the tracking devices seen in Alien. As a reference to this, the motion tracker in Alien: Isolation also includes an ice cube tray as part of its design.
- While Corporal Dietrich is the first Marine to go down in Aliens, ironically in James Cameron's original treatment for the film she survived for most of the story.
- The crew of the Nostromo was armed with laser pistols, although they are never used in Alien.
- Alien series actors Raymond Cruz, Brad Dourif, Idris Elba, Nicole Fellows, Jenette Goldstein, Leland Orser, Ron Perlman, Mark Rolston, Winona Ryder and Eddie Yansick have also appeared in the Star Trek franchise. All but three of these individuals are from the cast of Alien Resurrection.
Merry Christmas XenopediaRead more >
"I thought I was dead when I saw it. then it just ran away, as a effing dragon."
this majestic creature is almost impossible to fight. simply because …Read more >
Last night I watched Prometheus, and boy was I dissapointed. I wasn't expecting much, as it was made well after the original qudrilogy, and it didn't…Read more >