The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,461 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
New Alien Novel
Scoot Sigler reveals new Alien novel from Titan Books!
New USCM Comic
New comic series featuring the Colonial Marines announced!
Isolation on Nintendo
Nintendo Switch port of Alien: Isolation revealed!
Alien Short Films
Alien celebrates its 40th anniversary with six fan-made short films!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
A preview from Predator: Life and Death.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- A flamethrower is used by Ripley in every film in the Alien franchise with the exception of Alien3, although fire is still used against the Xenomorph in that film.
- Peter Keyes' name is a reference to the character "Keys" from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial. Both characters are antagonistic government agents in pursuit of an alien lifeform for study.
- Blain's M134 Minigun used in Predator was later modified and reused in Terminator 2: Judgement Day, which was directed by Aliens director and writer James Cameron and starred Predator lead Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- The crew of the Nostromo was armed with laser pistols, although they are never used in Alien.
- In the Alien films, the synthetic characters' names follow an alphabetical pattern — Ash in Alien, Bishop in Aliens and Alien3, Call in Alien Resurrection and David in Prometheus (A-B-C-D). This tradition was continued in the Fire and Stone comic book event, which featured the synthetic Elden, but was later broken with the introduction of Walter in Alien: Covenant, whose name instead served as a reference to producer Walter Hill.
Recently I have started to transcribe data from the Leading Edge Aliens RPG game with fellow contributor Daniel Cooper. We will continue to add this …Read more >
I’m pretty curious as to why Private Crowe and Private Wierzbowski seem to have much less screen time and dialogue than other Marines, it’s obvious t…Read more >
I'm a little late with this, but a few weeks ago we got a series of six short films to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original , created by fa…Read more >