The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,624 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
The Hunters Return
Sequel to Hunters II announced, teasing returning characters!
New AVP Comic
New AVP comic announced, the first stand-alone series in almost a decade!
New Alien Novel
Scoot Sigler reveals new Alien novel from Titan Books!
Alien Short Films
Alien celebrates its 40th anniversary with six fan-made short films!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
David Palumbo's artwork for the Fire and Stone crossover.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- While the Alien does not have eyes in Alien, it does have human eyesockets in its skull under its domed carapace. While they are difficult to discern in the movie, they are quite visible in production stills of the creature.
- Contrary to popular belief, Michael Biehn did not have a problem with Corporal Hicks dying in Alien3, but he did strongly object to the way it was done at the very opening of the film. The actor has since proposed that his character should have initially appeared alongside Ripley in the movie so that their relationship could be further developed, before he was killed later in the film.
- Jim and John Thomas were inspired to write Predator by a joke going around Hollywood following the release of Rocky IV in 1985 — as Rocky Balboa had defeated all earthly opponents, he would have to fight an alien if a fifth installment of his boxing series were ever to be made.
- Roughly 70% of the creature effects shots in Alien vs. Predator were created using suits, puppets and miniatures rather than computer-generated imagery (CGI), as director Paul W. S. Anderson wanted the monsters to be "there in the frame". However, CGI tails were added to the Aliens and the Queen as they were difficult to animate using puppetry.
- The novella Cyberantics: A Little Adventure exists both in the real world and within the fictional Alien universe — as well as being available for purchase, it is referred to several times in the comic Aliens: Hive, in which its "author", Stanislaw Mayakovsky, is a major character.
Last night I watched Prometheus, and boy was I dissapointed. I wasn't expecting much, as it was made well after the original qudrilogy, and it didn't…Read more >
hello there. as I'm sure you're aware, this is my post as to what is what and how the Neomorph reproduce. if you need to refference something, look f…Read more >
well now, everyone, I'm bacik. for now. I don't know if you really know me, but if you need to, you can check my previous works, if they're still the…Read more >