The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Xenopedia mourns the passing of Syd Mead, one of the conceptual artists who designed Aliens, at the age of 86.
As well as the iconic USS Sulaco, he will forever be remembered as the man behind the visionary cityscapes of Blade Runner.
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,705 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
Alternate Alien Comic
New comic based on Dan O'Bannon's original script for Alien inbound from Dark Horse!
Become the Predator
First Predator: Hunting Grounds trailer and screens released!
The Hunters Return
Sequel to Hunters II announced, teasing returning characters!
New AVP Comic
New AVP comic announced, the first stand-alone series in almost a decade!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
David Palumbo's artwork for the Fire and Stone crossover.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- Director James Cameron spent two days perfecting the distinctive sound effects for the M41A Pulse Rifle in Aliens.
- In at least one draft of the shooting script for Alien3, Hicks is killed when a Chestburster erupts from him while he is still in stasis aboard the Sulaco.
- According to Sigourney Weaver, the idea of including a ninth Ripley clone in Alien Resurrection was discussed at one point. "Ripley 9" would be, essentially, an evil version of Ripley 8. The concept was ultimately not pursued.
- The combat androids in the 2010 video game Aliens vs. Predator have the Weyland-Yutani logo imprinted on their eyeballs.
- In an interview with Moviefone, Ripley actress Sigourney Weaver said that every time they came to film the death scene for a character in Aliens, she would give the corresponding actor or actress a bouquet of flowers. When it was time for Burke actor Paul Reiser to die, she gave him a handful of dead blossoms.
Merry Christmas XenopediaRead more >
"I thought I was dead when I saw it. then it just ran away, as a effing dragon."
this majestic creature is almost impossible to fight. simply because …Read more >
Last night I watched Prometheus, and boy was I dissapointed. I wasn't expecting much, as it was made well after the original qudrilogy, and it didn't…Read more >