The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,462 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
New Alien Novel
Scoot Sigler reveals new Alien novel from Titan Books!
New USCM Comic
New comic series featuring the Colonial Marines announced!
Isolation on Nintendo
Nintendo Switch port of Alien: Isolation revealed!
Alien Short Films
Alien celebrates its 40th anniversary with six fan-made short films!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
David Palumbo's artwork for the Fire and Stone crossover.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- In Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem, a bus is seen bearing the destination Crested Butte; James Cameron's wife Suzy Amis owns a cabin in Crested Butte, and the pair frequently holiday in the town.
- Contrary to popular belief, Michael Biehn did not have a problem with Corporal Hicks dying in Alien3, but he did strongly object to the way it was done at the very opening of the film. The actor has since proposed that his character should have initially appeared alongside Ripley in the movie so that their relationship could be further developed, before he was killed later in the film.
- While the M41A Pulse Rifle props used in Aliens were constructed primarily from the Thompson submachine gun, the Heckler & Koch MP5 was originally going to be used as the base of the rifle. The original MP5-based design still appears in the film, on Private Frost's "PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER" T-shirt.
- The Phased Plasma Pulse Rifle, SHARP Rifle and Electroshock Grenade available as pre-order bonuses or DLC for Aliens: Colonial Marines are based on boasts made by Private Hudson in the Special Edition of Aliens.
- In an interview with Moviefone, Ripley actress Sigourney Weaver said that every time they came to film the death scene for a character in Aliens, she would give the corresponding actor or actress a bouquet of flowers. When it was time for Burke actor Paul Reiser to die, she gave him a handful of dead blossoms.
Recently I have started to transcribe data from the Leading Edge Aliens RPG game with fellow contributor Daniel Cooper. We will continue to add this …Read more >
I’m pretty curious as to why Private Crowe and Private Wierzbowski seem to have much less screen time and dialogue than other Marines, it’s obvious t…Read more >
I'm a little late with this, but a few weeks ago we got a series of six short films to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original , created by fa…Read more >