The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,461 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
New Alien Novel
Scoot Sigler reveals new Alien novel from Titan Books!
New USCM Comic
New comic series featuring the Colonial Marines announced!
Isolation on Nintendo
Nintendo Switch port of Alien: Isolation revealed!
Alien Short Films
Alien celebrates its 40th anniversary with six fan-made short films!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
Grid Headbites Celtic in Alien vs. Predator.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- Predator designer Stan Winston repeatedly credited Aliens director and personal friend James Cameron for coming up with the Predator's distinctive mandibles. According to Winston, Cameron suggested them to him during a flight they were taking together.
- An ice cube tray was used in the construction of the tracking devices seen in Alien. As a reference to this, the motion tracker in Alien: Isolation also includes an ice cube tray as part of its design.
- During the scene in Aliens where the Colonial Marines land and deploy in the APC, Sergeant Apone tells the Marines they have 10 seconds until they arrive. If you count from Apone's line until the first Marine jumps out of the carrier and his boots hit the ground, it really is 10 seconds.
- Lieutenant Gorman actor William Hope voiced the antagonistic Dr. Groves in the 2010 video game Aliens vs. Predator and Marshal Waits in Alien: Isolation. He also provided voice acting for the Predator characters in Aliens vs. Predator, something he had previously done in Aliens versus Predator (1999) and Aliens versus Predator 2.
- The novella Cyberantics: A Little Adventure exists both in the real world and within the fictional Alien universe — as well as being available for purchase, it is referred to several times in the comic Aliens: Hive, in which its "author", Stanislaw Mayakovsky, is a major character.
Recently I have started to transcribe data from the Leading Edge Aliens RPG game with fellow contributor Daniel Cooper. We will continue to add this …Read more >
I’m pretty curious as to why Private Crowe and Private Wierzbowski seem to have much less screen time and dialogue than other Marines, it’s obvious t…Read more >
I'm a little late with this, but a few weeks ago we got a series of six short films to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original , created by fa…Read more >