The vs. Wiki
BUILDING BETTER WORLDS SINCE
5. 26. 06
Welcome, <insert name here>!
Xenopedia is a comprehensive collaborative database documenting everything in
the official Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator universe, including Prometheus.
Users are currently editing 4,617 articles started since May 26, 2006, and
you can help!
ATTENTION: THIS WIKI CONTAINS UNMARKED SPOILERS
The Hunters Return
Sequel to Hunters II announced, teasing returning characters!
New AVP Comic
New AVP comic announced, the first stand-alone series in almost a decade!
New Alien Novel
Scoot Sigler reveals new Alien novel from Titan Books!
Alien Short Films
Alien celebrates its 40th anniversary with six fan-made short films!
Aliens Live was a special screening of Aliens held at the Royal Albert Hall in London on November 6, 2016, as part of the venue's Films in Concert programme. As with other screenings from the Films in Concert series, the movie was accompanied by a live concert performance of its soundtrack, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra. The film was shown in its extended Special Edition cut.
The one-off event was dedicated to the film's composer James Horner, who had passed away the previous year, and consisted of two screenings of the movie, a matinee performance and an evening performance attended by James Cameron, Sigourney Weaver and Gale Anne Hurd. The orchestra for the event was conducted by Ludwig Wicki. A special commemorative booklet was also produced, containing behind the scenes images from the film, articles on its production and interviews with the cast, crew and personnel involved in the live performances.
Alien Day 2017 approaches.
David Palumbo's artwork for the Fire and Stone crossover.
Nominate an image · View · Edit · Archive
The Motion Tracker is named in tribute to the news section that appeared in Aliens magazine.
|Did You Know?|
- The Dragon in Alien3 is by far the deadliest Alien individual seen in the film series, claiming 15 kills (not counting its host) during the course of the film, plus an additional two in the extended Special Edition. Even discounting the Special Edition, the Dragon killed more than three times as many people as the next deadliest Xenomorph, the Alien from Alien.
- When Alien3 was novelized by Alan Dean Foster, author of the novelizations Alien and Aliens, he originally planned to have Newt survive, as he disliked that she was killed in the film. However, studio executives told him he had to remain true to the original script. He changed his novel, but was so upset by the situation that he later refused an offer to write the novelization of Alien Resurrection, which was eventually written by the late A. C. Crispin.
- The term "Xenomorph" was originally coined by Aliens director and writer James Cameron for an unfilmed project called Mother.
- Roughly 70% of the creature effects shots in Alien vs. Predator were created using suits, puppets and miniatures rather than computer-generated imagery (CGI), as director Paul W. S. Anderson wanted the monsters to be "there in the frame". However, CGI tails were added to the Aliens and the Queen as they were difficult to animate using puppetry.
- In an interview with Moviefone, Ripley actress Sigourney Weaver said that every time they came to film the death scene for a character in Aliens, she would give the corresponding actor or actress a bouquet of flowers. When it was time for Burke actor Paul Reiser to die, she gave him a handful of dead blossoms.
Last night I watched Prometheus, and boy was I dissapointed. I wasn't expecting much, as it was made well after the original qudrilogy, and it didn't…Read more >
hello there. as I'm sure you're aware, this is my post as to what is what and how the Neomorph reproduce. if you need to refference something, look f…Read more >
well now, everyone, I'm bacik. for now. I don't know if you really know me, but if you need to, you can check my previous works, if they're still the…Read more >