Was he burned
What's on your mind?
I wonder when we'll get more info.
I know it originally was. But is it still?
Please say I'm not the only one
I have a one-shot comic called "Aliens: Pig" published by Dark Horse in 1997. Im doing an AVP marathon so I need to know if it is canon to the movies and where does it fit in the timeline. And also I need the rest of the list of canon comics.
Which is the most classic movie in the AVP series?
2)Blade Runner (1982)
Aside a TV series format, ofcourse.
I as much as i love the predator's i think eloise would win
I was doing some reading as of late and found reference that the U.S.C.M.C do to very low recruitment rates. Use artificial womb soldiers. Soldiers basicly would serve life long in the military and we trained from the age of 5. I k ow they would have their DNA modified to be very fit. But would they have genetic modifications that would be more around super human?
In alien isolation you can see all the eggs but where is the queen?
I want to join a discord chat group of any Predator or AVP fans. If there is, can you invite me? Thanks
Quick question, are there any Aliens that are completely made of metal and not android? (No I will not be joining the fandom but this recently came to mind.)
I read on Michael Weyland (Synthetic) page that he was desactivated on October 9th 2179 with the mention thirteen weeks and four days after Alien 3 (based on Hicks captivity time) placing ACM at this period.
I don't really agree for several reasons, first its wrong because Alien 3 end on August 11th 2179 so it would be Nov 14th 2179 instead, but this date is also wrong as ACM is said to occurs 17 weeks (119 days) after Aliens so July 28th plus 119 days equals Nov 24th 2179.
So my guesses are Hicks and Stone were captured on Fury 161 on August 11th, then the Resolute travels back to LV-426 taking approximately 10 days (the Sulaco departed LV-426 on July 28th and arrived on orbit of Fiorina on August 8th (approximately 11 days) and got intercepted by the Legato), so it would be August 21st. On this date Hicks is freed by Levy and escape the Resolute and tried to sent the distress call but are recaptured by Weyland, so from here thirteen weeks and four days (95 days) of captivity would end to Nov 24th 2179.
Tell me your thoughts.
What do you think David did to shaw that killed her and why
Predalien or upgrade yautja
The nature of synthetics in the Alien franchise has
always intrigued me. Do they just have the appearance of being living because they were designed to make it easier for humans to relate to them. Or, (as I'm leaning towards), were they an attempt at actually creating artificial life?
I have some compelling evidence they are artificial life, but I'd like to hear some other viewpoints.
Ash has always been the most intriguing character in the franchise. I've always wondered if his actions in the film were from following company directives, or from his own motivations. He clearly admires and is fascinated by the xenomorph. Given the events of Prometheus and Alien Covenant, I have to wonder if David's programming was used in the 120/A-2 models. Anyone have any thoughts?
A few years ago, I asked [under a different name] you all why people hated AVP:R so much. Now, from reviews from people on YouTube and my personal opinion after watching it, I will go over why "Aliens vs Predator: Requiem" sucked so hard.
1. Obviously the lighting sucked. Director and Filmmakers of AVP: Requiem, why did you make the entire film so incredibly dark, you do realize I had to turn the brightness setting on my TV all the way up just to watch this. God, how did you not notice how dark your film was. Was it expensive? If so, I could live with that. There is no excuse for how dark the movie. Your lucky I had an open mind and actually enjoyed it.
2. The Predator in the beginning was an absolute idiot. Who shoots a gun, let alone one that fires bolts of plasma, in space on a spaceship? You literally have weapons around you and you chose to blow a hole in your ship. Not only that but, you missed, the Predalien was not that far away yet you missed.
3. Why did you turn the AVP sequel into a teen slasher film instead of a science fiction movie? It's called "Aliens vs Predator" not "Freddy vs Jason". Yes AVP: Requiem is Rated R, but when did Rated R go from "make it scary and heart stopping" to "YES more violence, more gore, and more nudity".
4. Not to sound heartless or mean or anything, but nobody cares about the characters, or at least their motives don't make sense. Why would the Town Sheriff tell the ex-convict brother all this crucial information and also let said ex-con join him on a search and rescue also is nobody gonna explain what Dallas was convicted for?
I. Ricky and Jesse, first off Jesse starts chatting with Ricky whilst her bully boyfriend Dale, or whatever his name was, is in the other room in plain view. Also she starts dating Ricky after she breaks up with Dale, I'm no dating expert but don't break ups to days to get over (wait a minute, Jesse was the one who broke up with Dale, the logic only applies if Dale was the one who broke up with Jesse, which does not happen).
5. Someone pointed this out, During the National Guard Massacre, something stupid happens. Does anyone remember the soldier that walked up to the car and the Alien killed him? Here's what he [that someone] pointed out:
The soldier walked past the Alien and DIDN'T see him?? The Alien literally stood up right next to him, the Alien did not slide in from Camera Left, he just stood up, like as if he woke up from a nap. So the man clearly saw the Alien in front of him but thought it was nothing suspicious and walked up to the far more interesting car, WOW.
Also I thought of something, the National Guard gets absolutely wrecked by the Aliens yet a pizza-delivery guy with no combat training manages to shot and kill an Alien.
6. And unfortunately even the Predator isn't safe from this list. Luckily the only thing wrong with Wolf, is his screen-time and that's it. Wolf only gets 11 minutes of screen time out of an hour and a half long movie that is titled "Aliens vs PREDATOR" Normally I wouldn't care but this is a film titled "Aliens vs Predator" and the Predator is in the movie for 11 minutes. Luckily those 11 minutes of Wolf doing Predator stuff is awesome. I also hate that he died in the end.
Wolf is, hands down, the most redeeming character in this god awful film, and they kill him.
Aliens vs Predator: Requiem was for all intents and purposes, a stupid, stupid film that destroyed any hopes and dreams of a future AVP film. You know what you are "Requiem"? You're the Jurassic Park III of the Alien/Predator Franchise.
In an early comic [lost on floods, i.d. help] they explained the overlapping chemistry and breathing needs this way. The Preds were descended from Terran lifeforms rescued by a 3rd party extraterrestiral race that they then supplanted, this was long enough ago that atmosphereic comp was diffrent from modern times. Always liked that version b/c the being able to eat etc makes so much more sense. They also implied that they favored Terra as special hunting ground b/c was a sacred site for those reasons. Can anyone remmber that graphic novel?